WC QROUND: May 9 GDT - Finland vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Latvians have a good team, I hope our guys are not underestimating them. Here's hoping for a tie!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Poor Artus....handling the puck alot and has now taken a penalty for putting the puck over the glass...Finn PP

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Crazy action...Finns press/scramble but Latvia survives with some shot blocks and now back to even strength.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
So both Timonen and Nummelin are playing (I am at work and can't watch the game)? Good news.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Artus Irbe looks good...some vintage stand up saves...and plenty of his trademark scrambling...he's truly one of a kind...Go Artus Irbe!! :innocent:

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Latvia really impressed me...6-4 vs Canada and now playing good with Finland. It wouldn't surprise me if they win this one!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
0-0 in intermission now...Finland had 5 or 6 good chances but misfired on a few of the best ones.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
miss hockey said:
Swop Kallio and Jussi Jokinen and we have our ideal lines.. oh and scratch eloranta

Hagman-jokinen-jokinen
hentunen-kapanen-pärssinen
peltonen-viuhkola-kallio
ruutu-pakaslahti- hahl/rita

Swapping Kallio and Jokinen would be worth of try, but I wouldn't scratch Eloranta. Rita/Hahl are playing almost at same level, but they won't hit so much.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Glen Healy making fun of Artie Irbe on tsn..."Uhhh Glen...Artus has forgotten more about goaltending than you'll ever know!"

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
reaper said:
Do Finland have to win or can they tie to go to quarterfinals?
Finland can still advance with a tie.. Ukraine is officially out already...but,again...If Latvia wins this game...the Finns are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->