WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If USA wins, and Sweden, USA and Canada both win out after this, Sweden would take first, but who would claim second? I would imagine Canada because of their head to head win, but does iihf do anything weird?

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
.750 save percentage... all hail the mighty lundquist

I know it's not all his fault as the D is nowehre to be found but for those expecting him to be "the next great goalie" Ithink if he was he would still be able to do better than this

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Sounds like The Mo.Co-Knuble line has taken over for the USA...they have been getting better as the tournament has went along.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Fish on The Sand said:
If USA wins, and Sweden, USA and Canada both win out after this, Sweden would take first, but who would claim second? I would imagine Canada because of their head to head win, but does iihf do anything weird?
Tie breaking formula:

• If two teams are tied on equality of points in the standings, the following tie breaking criteria applies:
1. Head-to-head (mutual) games between the teams concerned.
2. Goal differential.
3. Higher number of goals scored for.
4. Game Winning Shots competition between the teams concerned
http://live82.ihwc.net/english/rules/

reaper

May 1, 2005
Ice is worse when period starts than in SEL after 20 min play :E Same for both teams though.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
FLYLine4LIFE said:
What are you talking about, im stating facts dont like it then dont read it.

seems to me that everytime anyone has said something negative about Lundquist you always have a excuse ready... omg bad defense so what? I understand that he could have a higher GAA from that but he has made 10 saves on 13 shots, and that to me does nto demonstrate the next great elite goalie.... look at Luongo... not too good of a defense in Florida... his GAA is higher than other elite goalies... but he still has a great save percentage, and IMO that is the most important goalie stat

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nomorekids said:
i didn't say i didn't like it. i just think it's funny that any time anyone has scored against sweden, you've posted to deflect the blame on to someone else.

When does a goalie get blamed for giving up a goal on a breakaway?? It ALWAYS the defenses fault for a GA from a breakaway (unless the goalie gives up a softy on the breakaway), and the first goal his defenseman redirected to a US player to hit in the open net, that was just a bad break. I dont "deflect". How you could blame Lundqvist for those goals is beyond me. Goals he should have had I make a point and say it.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Lousy effort by team sweden tonight, just lousy. Embarrasing attitude by the swedes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->