WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
a 4-3 US win.

The US bounces back from the disappointing game against Finland and the tired Swedes are still reveling in the upset against Canada.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Did DiPietro get those pads in his grandfathers attic?? They look horrible. Why would he wear brown pads ?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Did DiPietro get those pads in his grandfathers attic?? They look horrible. Why would he wear brown pads ?

I know Isles have financial problems but it's that bad? Yikes.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
1-0 USA.

Very boring period. No intensity, bunch of penalties and crappy powerplay. Hopefully the second period will be more entertaining.

reaper

May 1, 2005
When will Swedish D learn not to try to catch puck with glove. Just making it more difficult for goalie.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
What an easy goal for Knuble, floating wrist shot going toward the net...Lundqvist moving to his left, his defenseman tries to glove the puck and it goes off his glove, changes direction toward the center of the net and right to Knuble to hit it in the net.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Geez. What a worthless piece of s**t of a period. Both teams look lazy, like they rather would be somewhere else, preferably on a beach somewhere..

NYIsles1*

1-0 USA....Knuble..

Maybe Sather stole DiPietro's pads so he can measure them..;)

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
reaper said:
When will Swedish D learn not to try to catch puck with glove. Just making it more difficult for goalie.

It has happened twice now :shakehead
Don't they trust Lundqvist or what?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Robertsson 4-ever said:
No Sedins on the PP? That's bad.

Both PP formations have sucked thus far. I don't see why Bäckman continues to be out there on the point. He slows down the tempo, he is sloppy on the blue line and his shot isn't as good as Kronwalls. Sweden should use two PP formations of 4 forwards and one defender each. That way we could get the most out of Weinhandl, Kahnberg, players that tend to get lost a bit 5-on-5.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Riddarn said:
Both PP formations have sucked thus far. I don't see why Bäckman continues to be out there on the point. He slows down the tempo, he is sloppy on the blue line and his shot isn't as good as Kronwalls. Sweden should use two PP formations of 4 forwards and one defender each. That way we could get the most out of Weinhandl, Kahnberg, players that tend to get lost a bit 5-on-5.

I agree totally. especially Kahnberg should play on the PP. Axelsson? Don't like it.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Swedish players looking tired from yesterday. Hopefully they can speed it up better in second period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->