WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
The IIHF site shows the Czechs ahead 1-0. Is anybody watching the game?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Czech Rep. was a much better hockey team in the first period. Russia is lucky the Czechs didn´t score two or three more goals. Russian defensive play is just horrible, just horrible. There is no team conception and coordinated team play. They don´t know what to do in their own zone.

Kovalchuk has been totally invisible too.

Czechs are going to win this game. Russia just don´t has it. They look like a much worse team than the Czechs.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
The biggest disadvantage for Russia are their defensemen´s lack of mobility and ability to win one on one battles. They constantly lose their man in their own zone which creates havoc around Sokolov. I don´t think I´ve ever seen a Russian national team with such a poor defensemen. They actually look like Team Ukraine´s defense out there! Andrei Markov is an exception, but the rest of them suck. Aren´t these guys supposed to be some of the best RSL defensemen?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Kaizer said:
I've heard that Krikunov didn't like Ovechkin performance against Switzerland, but ... WOW.

Wasn't Ovechkin their best player against Slovakia? Scratch him? :confused:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I can only see shot totals, but it seems as though Sokolov is playing real well.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
From the way they celebrated, it must be 3-1. :biglaugh:

Actually it's 2-1 Russia despite being outshot 32-19.

48.26 1 - 2 PP1 Russia 32. SEMIN, Alexander Game Winning Goal
(71. KOVALCHUK, Ilya)
(6. DENISOV, Denis)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
good game

edit : something funny : Russia is the only unbeaten team in the tournament :biglaugh:

that's just ridiculous

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Sokolov - player of the game. 4 saves in a row in the end of the 3rd period in just 5-7 secs. That was awesome. Our D that consits of 8 Jovos sucked big time. Sokolov was only reason that we won it.
Semin's goal was scored by skate when he tried to stop the puck.

:biglaugh: We are the only unbeaten team at tournament despite only Sloveina had worse PP and PK before this game than we were :biglaugh:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
guys, stay calm, this lucky win is meaningless ...

can we beat Kazakhstan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad