WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Everest said:
Walker is stirring things up. Canada is showing plenty of frustration...get it allll out boys!
Walker. lol.

Nash, Thornton and a couple of others aside, this is a 'B' line-up, not representative of Canada's best. Some say: We could ice four competitive teams because of the country's depth of talent?? Not on the blueline!

Macman

May 15, 2004
The ice must be terrible at this tournament because nobody looks fast.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Jovo just coughed up the puck again trying to join the rush.
:shakehead
As a Canuck fan I'm a bit embarassed.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
yeah grrrrr :rant:

Really, cable TV has done swedish hockey a huge disservice. Sure, Canal+ does everything professionally but just as Viasat, they cut hockey off from everyone and make it affair just for the fans that already like hockey. It's baad.

Worst thing about this is: I got a satellite dish. It's even tuned to the Astra satellite, so I should be able to get german TV and watch the games that way. But I loaned out the analog decoder box, because I figured I wouldn't ever watch those channels..

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
CSKA said:
Finnland is playing canadian hockey :eek:
MANY NHLers have been saying for at least twenty years that the Finns play a Canadian style of tenacious checking high energy game. Nothing surprising there.

SChan*

Riddarn said:
Really, cable TV has done swedish hockey a huge disservice. Sure, Canal+ does everything professionally but just as Viasat, they cut hockey off from everyone and make it affair just for the fans that already like hockey. It's baad.

Worst thing about this is: I got a satellite dish. It's even tuned to the Astra satellite, so I should be able to get german TV and watch the games that way. But I loaned out the analog decoder box, because I figured I wouldn't ever watch those channels..

yeah if hockey vm was on SVT or TV4 it would had much betetr ratings also. Stupid Tv3 and Viasat. I want to watch finland-canada, but i refuse to pay extra just for a couple of matches.

Macman

May 15, 2004
VanIslander said:
Jovo just coughed up the puck again trying to join the rush.
:shakehead
As a Canuck fan I'm a bit embarassed.

I can't believe he's still taking a regular shift. He's reacting to everything much too slowly. You'd almost think he hasn't played all year ...

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
yeah if hockey vm was on SVT or TV4 it would had much betetr ratings also. Stupid Tv3 and Viasat. I want to watch finland-canada, but i refuse to pay extra just for a couple of matches.

The absolute worst thing about it is that I don't think the federation or the SEL realizes how damaging this will be over the long term. Oh well..

SChan*

Riddarn said:
The absolute worst thing about it is that I don't think the federation or the SEL realizes how damaging this will be over the long term. Oh well..

well no wonder soccer is nr1 these days...

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
The Finns had a strong period...Canada,not so much...We need 94 to step up and make a big effort today. Nothing can turn around the moral like a spirited Captain getting his nose into the play.

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
VanIslander said:
MANY NHLers have been saying for at least twenty years that the Finns play a Canadian style of tenacious checking high energy game. Nothing surprising there.

No actually Team Finland plays Finnish style hockey. Maybe some Canadian teams play similar at times, but that's their "fault".

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
The Canadian team continues to repeat problems visible in the opening game against lowly Latvia.

I can still recall the apologists trying to explain it away by saying the Latvians were good. :shakehead

As I stated after watching every team play an opening game in the tourney: the Finns, Czechs and Slovaks are playing the best as a team, so Canada will be lucky to get a medal of any colour.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Bad period by team Canada. Finland didn't have any good scoring changes and still they manage to do 1. Väänänen is playing rock solid game. Hard hits! Yeah!

Nash and Thornton can't seem to find their game.
I saw this clip where Nash was hooking the ref and it was really nasty. After hooking the ref he pushed linesman.... nerver, nerves.

Well can't complain, but if Canada get's back their attidute we are in trouble.

Interesting 2nd coming up. :yo:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Hagman floated a wrister from just inside the blueline...he was 1 on 4...Roberto was late to react!
It would be nice to see Canada carry some 5on5 play to start the 2nd period.
Maltby's "3 CH's" come to mind...CHeating/CHirping and CHopping!!

Captain Leaf

I cant belive ime delaying my fishing trip today to watch this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->