WC QROUND: May 7 GDT - Slovakia vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Vokoun has been good and the Czechs have better D than Slovaks, but I think the awesome Slovakian offense will prevail. 4-3 Slovakia.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
3-2 for Czechs :)

Slovakian team is playing a little bit individualistic game, so I hope our better team play will prevail :yo:

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
I guess it's because very poor Slovakian defense. Czechs are clearly overplaying Slovaks so far. Let's see what they'll do in next third.

(Lasak isn't playing, Stana is in the cage)

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Well, my review of the game.

Stana started instead of Lasak and things started badly.

We went down 1-0 after 2 minutes after a lucky CZE goal, where Hlavac passed the puck in front of the net, it hit Granak's stick and made a lob over goalie.

2nd one was a good pass by T.Kaberle, when Visnovsky fell asleep and Straka went in alone and hit it off the post.

We played horribly in the 1st period.

In the 2nd, we got a PP goal at the start but then it went down hill. T. Kaberle scored on the PP, Hemsky scored after having all the time in the world (he waited, Stana stacked the pads ad just shot it over his pads, nobody tackled him). And then we got the 5th when Kubina one timed a shot, which hit Stana in the chest and fell in. Then Stana got substituted with over a 70%.

We have a bad offesine strategy to be honest. Our 3 forwards cycle the puck along the boards in the corner and just pass. The D's dont get involved in the play, they just stand on the blue line and wait.

We have due to this strategy a hard time to score when it is 5 on 5 cause we almost never get in front of goal and just play along the boards.

Also we have a defense first type of coach on the bench, meaning with out offensive talent, we have a bad tactic suited for our team.

The Czechs played great today, we played badly. But better to play horribly now then in the quarters and I hope the guys play better from now on.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Hey Bondra, how did Zednik look tonight? The guy is an absolute dissapointment when he plays for his country. During the World Cup, I guess you can use food poisoning as his excuse, but he was extremely poor. I attended the USA-Slovakia game, and he was essentially invisible. He has also been poor at the 2003 World Championships (except the game against Japan) and this year.

Who was he playing with, and what's the guy's problem? Zeddy is my hero, and I'll have to look up to another player unless he changes his game. :dunno:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I was in Vienna last night to watch the game. The czech team played very agressive and was able to put the slovakian defense under pressure. bad mistakes by michal handzus and dominik granak for example were the results of this. the czech team destroyed nearly every slovak offensive action latest on the czech blue line, their defense was really impressive this time.

additionally stana played a pretty poor game, let in some soft goals and therefor was not able to keep his team in the game. in the second period the slovaks had a lot of penalty killing to do what sealed their fate.

for the czech team petr sykora, vaclav prospal, martin straka, tomas kaberle and jaromir jagr were outstanding. best slovak players were martin strbak and jan lasak after he replaced stana at the end of the second period.

i have a question to slovakian fans: it's the first time i have seen granak and he played really poor. he is small, he wasn't able to get the czech forwards under control and additionally made some really bad passes from behind the net. he was clearly the worst player on the ice. what is his role usually? is he supposed to be an offensive defenseman?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
Hey Bondra, how did Zednik look tonight? The guy is an absolute dissapointment when he plays for his country. During the World Cup, I guess you can use food poisoning as his excuse, but he was extremely poor. I attended the USA-Slovakia game, and he was essentially invisible. He has also been poor at the 2003 World Championships (except the game against Japan) and this year.

Who was he playing with, and what's the guy's problem? Zeddy is my hero, and I'll have to look up to another player unless he changes his game. :dunno:
He is good but the team played badly yesterday.

Today he played very well, even had a break away but didnt score.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Fan.At said:
I was in Vienna last night to watch the game. The czech team played very agressive and was able to put the slovakian defense under pressure. bad mistakes by michal handzus and dominik granak for example were the results of this. the czech team destroyed nearly every slovak offensive action latest on the czech blue line, their defense was really impressive this time.

additionally stana played a pretty poor game, let in some soft goals and therefor was not able to keep his team in the game. in the second period the slovaks had a lot of penalty killing to do what sealed their fate.

for the czech team petr sykora, vaclav prospal, martin straka, tomas kaberle and jaromir jagr were outstanding. best slovak players were martin strbak and jan lasak after he replaced stana at the end of the second period.

i have a question to slovakian fans: it's the first time i have seen granak and he played really poor. he is small, he wasn't able to get the czech forwards under control and additionally made some really bad passes from behind the net. he was clearly the worst player on the ice. what is his role usually? is he supposed to be an offensive defenseman?
He is supposed to be the offensive D I think.

Today, Granak and Lintner didnt play in the last period against SUI. They are IMO are two worst defensive D's. Granak can have good games (but bad games too like yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->