WC QF: May 9 GDT - Sweden vs. Slovakia

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Sweden is dominating and buzzing inside Slovakia's zone it should be 1-1 but Backlund let in that softie.

These are just main characteristics of our hockey. Defensively withou any system, it is a mess what our players produce in our own zone. Offensively quite OK and very productive. Particularly gaborik is the best forward on the championship.

If Slovakia keeps producing such a poor defense Sweden will have really great chances to win this match.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
His first shift after a boneheaded positional play, I screamed out loud: "bench him", guess who? ~4 shifts later he was -2 :rant:

"but he can skate" - yeah, johan fransson can skate too...

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Huh? Sweden is down by one due to a soft goal, has dominated the play and has almost twice as many shot. Yeah, they're down a goal, so you can't be too happy, but you make it sound like the gods are doomed and the end is death.

There many many teams who are regularly outshooted and are still successful.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Huh? Sweden is down by one due to a soft goal, has dominated the play and has almost twice as many shot. Yeah, they're down a goal, so you can't be too happy, but you make it sound like the gods are doomed and the end is death.

Backlund has realized he's not Lundqvist :sarcasm:

koyo

Aug 12, 2006
Of course Sweden is dominating now. Nothing else I expected. But we have guys who can easily break away. It shall be interesting to watch the rest of the game.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
His first shift after a boneheaded positional play, I screamed out loud: "bench him", guess who? ~4 shifts later he was -2 :rant:

"but he can skate" - yeah, johan fransson can skate too...

Enström? Because I have not been fond of him this tournament and this game is really highlighting it!

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Of course Sweden is dominating now. Nothing else I expected. But we have guys who can easily break away. It shall be interesting to watch the rest of the game.

Of course it will be interesting since its quarterfinal. Who cares how nice we play?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Huh? Sweden is down by one due to a soft goal, has dominated the play and has almost twice as many shots. Yeah, they're down a goal, so you can't be too happy, but you make it sound like the gods are doomed and the end is death.

We might be ahead in terms of shots, but the Slovaks have the edge in quality scoring chances. You're right about Backlund, it was a very soft goal. None of our NHL goalies would have let that one in.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
We might be ahead in terms of shots, but the Slovaks have the edge in quality scoring chances. You're right about Backlund, it was a very soft goal. None of our NHL goalies would have let that one in.

Actually it was not such a soft goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->