WC QF: May 6 GDT - Canada vs. Finland (5-4 OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
W00t!! Heatley!!!

Man I wish he were an Oiler...

I'll beT Islander fans are pretty pissed at Mad Mike for choosing Parrish and Depietro over Luongo and Heatley...

GO CANADA!!!! REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT

:yo: :banana: :yo:

Oil_in_my_veins

Sep 17, 2003
Windsor, ON
s7ark said:
How about Smyth? Has he done anything?

he was creating chances. getting his nose dirty in front of the net and in the corners.

he should definitely get a chance to make the World Cup team. whether he makes it or not will be another thing.

on the other hand, Heatley is a lock for sure.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
ZeroTheHero said:
As they were.

I think Summanen might do better next year, I really liked this team, very well composed. But why no Hentunen in the final minutes? :dunno: did he get injured?

LOL, dude what is the obsession with Hentunen?

Zero and Hentunen sitting in a tree... ;)

Really though I know nothing of this guy, can you give me any details?

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I feel for the Finnish fans. They really deserved to win, Canada came out flat.

But as a Canadian fan... :banana: Very happy they won. Gotta pick up their game if they want to go any further though.

Bring on Slovakia/Switzerland!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
tommi462 said:
Di you see him out there... he was the only one playing as well as he could.

No I couldn't watch the game and I haven't seen any Finland games so far this year. Any details on this guy would be great :D

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Well it didn't matter who won since I root for both teams equally, I just wish they could have faced each other in the semis or the final, oh well, go Canada! I hope they win gold.
Finland looked pretty impressive in this WC IMO, looking forward to seeing them at the WCup.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
ZeroTheHero said:
Well... There were reasons why he was consistantly being marked by Canada's best defensive players... He is a player who can step up and make goals from nothing, and usually in clutch situations. He has been one of the best players for Finland this tournament.

Cool , how old is he? Where does he play and what kind of numbers has he put up there?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Thanks for all the info everyone. Very nice :D

It sounds like Finland put up a great fight and I applaud your team, your fans and your country.

I look forward to your team in the World Cup when you have a complete roster of all your superstars. You will have a very scary team...

And just an extra note, you Finland fans have been nothing but class on this thread. It is very nice to see that kind of gentlemenly conduct on the net these days.

Thanks again.

I hope to see you in the finals at the World Cup against Canada.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Gabriel Knight said:
Debatable. Very debatable.

Don't listen to Garfield, He trolls wherever he goes except for his beloved Flames board.

Finland has a great team and will be contenders for the World Cup for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad