WC QF: May 5 GDT - CZECH REPUBLIC vs. USA 2-3 (OT PS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
could be an interesting game. i don't know what to expect from USA. they're pretty much a gamble.

i say 5-3 czech, because of home advantage and a better performance so far.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
After seeing Canada get womped I don't know what to think about this match-up. I think the Czechs will pull it out, but it won't be a blowout. 5-3, with the 5th goal being an empty netter. If the U.S.'s defense stays tight, whoever's in goal is sharp, and there is timely scoring, the U.S. could surprise.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Well Czechs should win, they´ve been very impressive so far. Usa can win only if they can keep the home team away from the scoreboard = frustrate them. (And score at least once)

Czech Republic - USA 4-1

Last edited:

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
mikkoz said:
Well Czechs should win, they´ve been very impressive so far. Usa can win only if they can keep the home team away from the scoreboard = frustrate them.

Czech Republic - USA 4-1

lol so you mean by keeping the czechs off the score board, the US could in turn win?? what a novel idea!! lol :D

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Penalty shots

1.round both hit the post
2. round both tryes are saved
3. round both hit the post
4. round both are saved
5. round A Roach scores - Czech(Dopita) no goal

USA wins!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does that Roach goal count on the stats sheet? What if every player ahead of him had scored on their penalty shots?

BF_Sweden

Jul 25, 2002
Visit site
I feel kind of sorry for the crowd and for the whole Check nation, but I guess its good for Sweden. Foppa against Drury!

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
USA vs Sweden. Interesting matchup, and two teams thata will work hard to get a win. Sweden was the best team last time, but NA teams usually gets better throughout a tournament. Will be a good game!

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
ZeroTheHero said:
3-4

USA wins in overtime. I have some money on this unlikely scenario :D

Czech: Jágr 2, Rucinsky
USA: Park, Drury, Roach 2(including ot winner)

wow, impressive prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad