WC QF: May 17 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

gamblor

Jul 21, 2003
Visit site
Vikke said:

Makes me think of Anson, not Jeff.

On a completely off-topic note, why isn't Anson Carter over there helping out team Canada? Was he not invited, or is he just a jerk?
He's been there before, scored the OT winner vs. Sweden as I recall.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
GG CAN! and GG SVK. Really close except the last 6 minutes of the game. It was important for Canada to stay disciplined when the pucks weren't going in and they managed to do that. Time to get geared up for the next test against SWE on Saturday.

GO Canada!

Dogbert*

The thing about the first line that impresses me is puck possession. None of these guys are particularly huge or anything, but they're still outmuscling just about everyone out there, and it seems nearly impossible to strip either one of them of the puck.

OvechkinDomination*

Good day to skip school and play some Grand Theft Auto and watch some Hockey. :D

4-1 Canada final, looks like i'll have to get up early on Saturday to watch the Sweden/Canada at 9:15 am. GO CANADA.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I only saw the third period in this game, but it looked like Canada was by themselves on the ice. Apparently the Slovak goalie was standing on his head the first two periods. Anyways, good game by Canada...our boys should be ready to come out strong against the swedes! Also....whoever says they are not impressed by Sidney Crosby is nuts...the kid is just 18 and is unbelievable. I thought he was pretty impressive this year but just watching in this tournament has been a treat as well as Bergeron (who is only 20).

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Throughout this entire season, i've said all along: AO > Crosby.

Next season I predict: Crosby > AO

Anybody who doesn't think crosby is phenomenal needs to check themselves in a mental institute.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Good game for Canada.Most everyone played well. Does anyone else think Boyes and Bergeron have been doing to much on there own the last couple of games?
Hard to criticize those results but other teams watching video might find a way to shut them down.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
The_Eck said:
Anybody who doesn't think crosby is phenomenal needs to check themselves in a mental institute.

Werd man, he is just simply amazing, his speed and vision are just unbelievable, sometimes I just shake my head.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
pei fan said:
Good game for Canada.Most everyone played well. Does anyone else think Boyes and Bergeron have been doing to much on there own the last couple of games?
Hard to criticize those results but other teams watching video might find a way to shut them down.

Well. Doing more pressure on Bergeron and Boyes could works but it would also mean giving more space to Crosby... Not exactly the best idea out there imo.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Denis was just fine. But then he wasn't really challenged that much. The one puck that got past him was directed in by Calder. Couldn't blame Denis for that. I think he's the deserving go-to goalie for Canada now since Auld was so bad in the loss to the Czechs and Mason hasn't seen any game action at all.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
The_Eck said:
Throughout this entire season, i've said all along: AO > Crosby.

Next season I predict: Crosby > AO

And given electroshock for "Thought Crime" :dunno: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->