WC QF: May 12 GDT - Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Canuck21t said:
Excuse me but I've seen a lot of whining from Europeans when they lose too. I don't think we're any worse. If you ask me, Czechs and Slovaks whine a lot, Swedes are arrogant and Canadians make many excuses. Americans are the ones who are the most balanced IMO (only in hockey).

I agree, and a team that didn't whine when they lost would never win anything. Also how strange was it if fans in a place like this didn't get into arguement over stuff. I mean if anything this place i civilized. I would like to see european Soccer fans chat at the same place. Not so long ago there was a fight between soccerfans during a game where something like 80 people where killed. I think we are pretty civilized! ;)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Soccer is Pejorative Slured. I would never do or say anything to harm a European hockey fan, simply because they respect everyone.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
my sentiments exactly, but having no hockey on tv (ohl playoffs aren't my thing since i can't relate to the school spirit here), i resorted to watching some soccer this spring.

wilka91 said:
Soccer is Pejorative Slured. I would never do or say anything to harm a European hockey fan, simply because they respect everyone.

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TML-SM said:
i resorted to watching some soccer this spring.

if you watch several games, you might even see something called "a goal", but odds are you'll have to watch at least 4 or 5 games :snide:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TML-SM said:
i know :biglaugh:
watching first leg of chelsea vs. liverpool was so anticipated that witnessing 0:0 was in a way a shocK :eek:

soccer can be really fun for diving fans. there's nothing as pure as a dive during a soccer match, especially if it leads to a penalty shot and a win. the next day you might even read in the newspapers that there's something called "video replay", a technology so advanced that it will be introduced into soccer not sooner than 2074. :D

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
wilka91 said:
How do you know? Do you speak Swedish, Czech or Russian? Do you visit those countries' boards?
In case you didn't know, there are other boards other than HF Boards and you're not the only one who can speak English. Please, think a little will ya?

Last edited:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Wingmanrob said:
Probably only from games when they've lost to Canada, I think Euro's feel they can get away with whining because Canadians are the kings of whining, even the "Great One" is a master at this discipline". I'm sure you'll find there's a lot less whining when a Euro team loses to another.
After many years of discussing hockey with various fans from Europe, I can say for a certainty that Canadians are no worse than others. You think you're better than us? Please, have some humility. We're all human afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->