WC QF: May 12 GDT - Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
If Ville and Olli start taking charge in the dressingroom, russia has just a little little chance, no matter who they play.

Erkka needs to shut up, the team needs to win.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
mattihp said:
If Ville and Olli start taking charge in the dressingroom, russia has just a little little chance, no matter who they play.

Erkka needs to shut up, the team needs to win.

They need to take charge on the ice aswell. They have really sucked this tournament.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
wassup77 said:
They need to take charge on the ice aswell. They have really sucked this tournament.
The teletubby line can carry all of the offense if needed... Just motivate them and they can all come with 3-4 point nights easily. They've been cruising on half-speed and have still been the best finnish line by far.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Russia wins, Erkka handed them the game on the plate by re-uniting the first line that does not work.

Meanwhile, the players who create somethign (Hagman, Jussi Jokinen) are stuck on the third line.. :dunno:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Russia wins, Erkka handed them the game on the plate by re-uniting the first line that does not work.

Meanwhile, the players who create somethign (Hagman, Jussi Jokinen) are stuck on the third line.. :dunno:
Erkka is probably going to tell the boys not to win anyway...

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
What the hell is the point of putting Peltonen back to the first line?? Hagman worked much better there? How about removing Kallio from the team altogether, he has been nothing but major blackhole of wasted opportunities sucking his linemates to lower level.

Realistically this is Russia's game to lose, with that line-up & coaching I have very little faith in Team Finland.

Sven-Börje Håkansson

May 10, 2005
I think it's going to be a relatively easy victory for the Soviets...

Let's say 8 - 0. Semin gets a hat-trick :handclap: (from at least 15 must-score opportunities :shakehead )

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Sven-Börje Håkansson said:
I think it's going to be a relatively easy victory for the Soviets...

Let's say 8 - 0. Semin gets a hat-trick :handclap: (from at least 15 must-score opportunities :shakehead )

And I think it's going to be a very easy win for the Finns, let's say 13-0 and the Jokinens share 10 of those goals! :dunce:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
wassup77 said:
He is stealing Swedens idea of how to win... Say that you will lose :biglaugh:

*******!
Oh, now you are taking credit for an idea you didn't even come up with first. :rant: :sarcasm:

Anyway, I think it's going to be a close game. I won't predict any numbers or even a winner. Team Finland should provoke as much as possible but also avoid any penalties. Especially any penalties in the offensive or neutral zone. The russians are very skillful team that can score goals if given a chance. Bäckström isn't that good. He can't save when Kovalchuk, Datsyuk or Ovechkin gets the puck in a sector in front of the goal. Defend, defend, defend and try to get some breakaways. That's is out only chance.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
mattihp said:
Erkka is probably going to tell the boys not to win anyway...
Thats a good thing, i want to see motivation, like -"Lets lose this one and we can all go back to wife and kids!"

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Did you guys see a recent Southpark episode where all the kids are playing baseball trying to lose every game?

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
wilka91 said:
Did you guys see a recent Southpark episode where all the kids are playing baseball trying to lose every game?

"I thought this was a free country. We're in America! Isn't this America? I thought we were in America!" :D

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Lehtonen32 said:
"I thought this was a free country. We're in America! Isn't this America? I thought we were in America!" :D

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I gotta see it again right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad