WC: May 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Russia

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
nice game overall. intense.

Could it be that since it isn't do or die that both teams actually play in a way that they wouldn't if this was a (quarter/semi) final?

It looks like it's more about sending a message to the other team than really bothering about tactical dispositions.

Like "don't get hurt, don't get suspended", but otherwise give 'em hell.

I'm surprised, I had expected a much more laidback game.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Good game, considering there isn't much at stake. I believe that both teams really wan't to win this game, they are both putting up a solid effort.

I where just about to go on a rant about Bäckström, but he kept me silent with that pass.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Pretty darn entertaining stuff, for a meaningless game like this. Nice intensity, some emotion and some nice plays as well. Lets hope the third is as good.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Pretty darn entertaining stuff, for a meaningless game like this. Nice intensity, some emotion and some nice plays as well. Lets hope the third is as good.

Pretty wierd.
There was almost fights on the ice.

Or at least gloved fists hitting the opponents' visors, but in a game like this?

I can almost hear the coaches shouting "heel boy!" to the players, while they are starting to invent new extensions to Swedish and Russian.

One would wonder, when they're exchanging vacation memories on the ice, are they speaking english or are they expecting their opponent to understand russian/swedish?

And the ref appears to be french canadian, so they can speak english :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad