WC: May 6 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
It would have entirely missed the net if he didn't try to grab the puck.

Why do I get a feeling of deja-vu?

Oh that's right.....I'm looking at you Pasi Nurminen and Nicklas Bäckström

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Well that was a pretty one sided period despite that horrible goal. I'm not too worried, of course it sucks when an easy one goes in and your own guys cant finish...but it will come.

Talentless Practise*

Why do I get a feeling of deja-vu?

Oh that's right.....I'm looking at you Pasi Nurminen and Nicklas Bäckström

Didn't Lehtonen allow a similar goal in the playoffs this year? Dropped the puck from his glove to the goal line where it was tapped in by a Ranger. Something like that?

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
If it would have been a more important game at a more crucial time, it would have been for sure.

Well, Ã…kerman's shot was better than the one Salo fumbled.
But that one was at least on goal.

But anyway.
Finland was far better this period, i was waiting for the first goal.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Boring game so far. Swedes look weak and almost uninterested. Finns are over agressive with quite a few chargings and late hits. Lucky goal by Ã…kerman on supposed super-goalie Lehtonen.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Sloppy move by Lehtonen, otherwise, i think the finns have been better.

Backlund is a disaster waiting to happen, i expect the finns to score atleast one goal in this game.

Strålman, Tärnström and Davidsson have been okay this far.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
The scary part is that Tomi "watch me dominate Uganda" Kallio didn't even play well aginst Italy.

I've said it for years: Kallio shouldn't even be considered for the national team. I don't care how many scoring titles you win in the Elitserien, you always suck when playing for Finland

Kallio plays with Niklas Andersson and Jonas Johnson whic has been one of the most dominant lines in Europe some years now. Thats why he always produces in SEL - the line is perfect together.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Finland dominant in first, but the goalie curse continues and Lehtonen joins the long list...:cry:

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Hit everything yellow, shoot from everywhere and crash the net for rebounds. We'll do fine, if that was Kärppä´s last gift for the dear neighbour.

Laamanen Perkele.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Typical that Lasse "hands of stone" Kukkonen has had 3 of our 4 best chances in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->