WC: May 6 GDT - Russia vs. Switzerland

espo*

Like i said,it's ALWAYS different when it's Russia.

I suppose malkin's business today is differnt too eh?

Imagine if these two guys were Canadian..................big field day for you guys>

wow....................bias personified.

no-one does it quite like you guys.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
cyclops
Should I remind you of the bias toward Canada when a tournament is played on your home soil? I wouldn't know where to start honestly...

espo*

you don't have to remind me of anything.

I see it every day here!!

Just like i see your fans unwavering "way of seeing things" every day here.

it's always very interesting.

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
Like i said,it's ALWAYS different when it's Russia.

I suppose malkin's business today is differnt too eh?

Imagine if these two guys were Canadian..................big field day for you guys>

wow....................bias personified.

no-one does it quite like you guys.

What now, Malkin should be suspended? For what? Did he hit someone in the head like Weber did? Has any Russian did it this championship? If yes, please tell me whose elbow hit who. And provide a video, please.

And what about this allerged anti-Canadians bias from referees? Give us more examples, please. Maybe you are talking about Bobby Clark being suspended for slashing Kharlamov? Oh, wait...

The Canadian referee penalised Radulov for unbuckled helmet yesterday when Radulov was already skating to the bench. The same referee missed a boarding call when two Swedes threw Morozov against the board head first in the game before. Missed tripping of Kovalchuk in front of Swedes net, etc etc. Do you hear us going on about anti-Russian bias?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
you don't have to remind me of anything.

I see it every day here!!

Just like i see your fans unwavering "way of seeing things" every day here.

it's always very interesting.

If you haven't noticed there's just as many Canadian yahoos posting garbage as anybody else - just read some of these threads.

Good job....you've hijacked another interesting thread and needlessly turned it into a Canadian/Russian flame fest.:clap::shakehead

espo*

What now, Malkin should be suspended? For what? Did he hit someone in the head like Weber did? Has any Russian did it this championship? If yes, please tell me whose elbow hit who. And provide a video, please.

And what about this allerged anti-Canadians bias from referees? Give us more examples, please. Maybe you are talking about Bobby Clark being suspended for slashing Kharlamov? Oh, wait...

The Canadian referee penalised Radulov for unbuckled helmet yesterday when Radulov was already skating to the bench. The same referee missed a boarding call when two Swedes threw Morozov against the board head first in the game before. Missed tripping of Kovalchuk in front of Swedes net, etc etc. Do you hear us going on about anti-Russian bias?

LOL.

I never said malkin should be suspended,i was pointing out he was playing with no class.

I said Ovechkin should have been suspended for 3 games.But of course he was'nt.

Bobby clarke?................what's something from pre-historic history have to do with the clear get out of jail free card your teams player got here? Is there any new material you guys can finally come up with 30 odd years later? Cmon!!!

Cleared up?

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

If you haven't noticed there's just as many Canadian yahoos posting garbage as anybody else - just read some of these threads.

Good job....you've hijacked another interesting thread and needlessly turned it into a Canadian/Russian flame fest.:clap::shakehead

I have'nt highjacked anything and you know it.....................the thread was dead until i simply commented on the fact Ovechkin got away with what Weber got nailed for.

Don't see why that bothers you,Unless the truth does.

and i think that's what it is.
Nothing wrong with saying Ovechkin was given leniency because of who he is and where the tournament is being played..........and nothing wrong with saying Russian fans can't admit to it.When Weber got suspended they were all in agreement he got what he deserved.

but now that the shoe should have been on the other foot....................excuses.

But like i said,this is expected from them.

That's not highjacking anything.

espo*

You mean i have to explain it to you?

why?

what aspect of this deal eludes you?

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
I guess such aspects as blatently deliberate elbow into the head vs shoulder hit with a tucked elbow means nothing to you.

Anyways, this conversation is going nowhere.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
As i suspected........he did'nt get 3 games.

can't take away the golden boy in front of the hometown crowd eh?

God help us if that had been a Canadian player doing that.

Aside from all the 'Canada are goons' talk that would go on.................he'd GET 3 games.

different rules for different players and teams.

That's the IIHF for you!!!

Sorry,i meant the EIHF.

Common Cyclops, there is a huge difference between the Weber hit and the Ovechkin hit. If you compare these two, the Weber hit was much more violent. Of course hits to the head are always suspension but you have to admit that deliberately elbowing players and what Ovy did were two different things.

espo*

Common Cyclops, there is a huge difference between the Weber hit and the Ovechkin hit. If you compare these two, the Weber hit was much more violent. Of course hits to the head are always suspension but you have to admit that deliberately elbowing players and what Ovy did were two different things.

I don't see how 2 hits to the head (and that's what both those two hits were0 can be seen as being distinct from one another.

I saw the hits and in both instances guys were left looking around wondering where they were.Actually.........hannula's hit on crosby last year was not as bad as Ovechkins and he got 3 games also!!

On what criteria is the IIHF basing this stuff?.

hey,i don't think either of them should have gotten 3 games,but Weber did....and Ovechkin did'nt.

and that does'nt make any sense considering the law had already been laid down in Webers case what head shots were going to get punished with.

if that makes sense to you,i guess we're done talking.

Why the benefit of the doubt for ovechkin? i saw his hit.............it was a head shot and the opponent got nailed and hurt bad......................same dealas Weber.

Weber got 3 games.....................so,the standard has been set right?

But it was'nt.

Hmmm.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I don't see how 2 hits to the head (and that's what both those two hits were0 can be seen as being distinct from one another.

I saw the hits and in both instances guys were left looking around wondering where they were.Actually.........hannula's hit on crosby last year was not as bad as Ovechkins and he got 3 games also!!

On what criteria is the IIHF basing this stuff?.

hey,i don't think either of them should have gotten 3 games,but Weber did....and Ovechkin did'nt.

and that does'nt make any sense considering the law had already been laid down in Webers case what head shots were going to get punished with.

if that makes sense to you,i guess we're done talking.

Why the benefit of the doubt for ovechkin? i saw his hit.............it was a head shot and the opponent got nailed and hurt bad......................same dealas Weber.

Weber got 3 games.....................so,the standard has been set right?

But it was'nt.

Hmmm.

Ovy didn't get the benefit of the doubt; his hit simply wasn't as vicious/reckless as Weber's.
Your argument seems to be "since they were both head shots, they deserve the same punishment"........well, I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Intent and recklessness should be looked at. There IS a difference between a head shot with your elbow down as opposed to a WWE style flying elbow at full speed.

BTW, although not as vicious, Hannula's hit got 3 games because it was after the play was over.

But I guess if this furthers your anti-Russian agenda go ahead. I mean there must be a secret conspiracy against Canada by the IIHF, right? Yup.....right in line with aliens and bigfoot.

Last edited:

espo*

*** are yout alking about zine?.....aliens and bigfoot?.

This from one of the scores of guys who think there was a big conspiracy about CC 87.

give me a break!!

It does'nt work that way eh?...........tell me about it!!

Weber got 3 games and Ovechkin got 1.

I already know it does'nt "work that way"

what way does it work? A Canadian non -star not playing in front of a home crowd get's 3 and a superstar playing at home get's 1

For the same damn thing..............a head shot.

that's how it works.....................and the length of suspensions back ME up.........not YOU.

Degrees of viciousness.............riiiiight.

Give it up.

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
Degrees of viciousness.............riiiiight.

Give it up.

Why is Betruzzi get suspended for a season when other guys who hit from behind may not get a suspension at all? Because of the degrees of viciousness, intention, etc.. Don't tell us you can't comprehend it..

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Why is Betruzzi get suspended for a season when other guys who hit from behind may not get a suspension at all? Because of the degrees of viciousness, intention, etc.. Don't tell us you can't comprehend it..

He comprehends this perfectly - it's just when forced to confront this fact his assertion falls apart.

Like you said, it's no different in the NHL. All checks from behind, cheap shots, etc. aren't penalized the same.....they're all influenced by degrees of viciousness, intention, etc.

.......but, but, but, they were both headshots.:tmi: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

espo*

Theres nothing to give up and no assertion that breaks down.

Turn the players and plays around and you're all here calling for Weber to be given 3 games.

We all know the drill.

and not a single one of you has faced up to that truth yet.

but i knew you could'nt.

Don't forget this the next time the roles are reversed.

It may even happen next year when the tourney's over here.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Theres nothing to give up and no assertion that breaks down.

Turn the players and plays around and you're all here calling for Weber to be given 3 games.

We all know the drill.

and not a single one of you has faced up to that truth yet.

but i knew you could'nt.

Don't forget this the next time the roles are reversed.

It may even happen next year when the tourney's over here.

blah, blah, blah

Are you gonna debate the actual technicalities of both hits?..........or are you just gonna continue spewing garbage generalizations and hypotheticals about other country's fans?

cyclops you're not stupid, please back up your assertion in an intelligent manner. Considering Weber's hit was much more reckless and vicious than Ovechkin's (obvious for all to see), why should his suspension be = or <Ovy's?

Weber hit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0e7bJhUXAw

AO hit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvg_3jwqGMo

Last edited:

espo*

Still on this?

I already have given my reasons........you just refuse to accept them,nothing more i can say.

Who cares anymore anyway?...........you're out.

I don't care anymore.

good luck in your game tommorow.....................i've got bigger fish to fry.

Gold medal game coming up for us.....................gonna be a tough one too!!

Love the Finn and Canadian teams over here this year.

Tons of heart/grit and talent.

should be a doozy.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Still on this?

I already have given my reasons........you just refuse to accept them,nothing more i can say.

Who cares anymore anyway?...........you're out.

I don't care anymore.

good luck in your game tommorow.....................i've got bigger fish to fry.

Gold medal game coming up for us.....................gonna be a tough one too!!

Love the Finn and Canadian teams over here this year.

Tons of heart/grit and talent.

should be a doozy.

hmmmm.....no answer, just as I predicted.;)

Either way, you guys have played a good tourney. Good luck with Finland.

espo*

lOL......as you wish.

Thanks for the wish of good luck.

This will be a tough game........................but either way it should be a real good if not great game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->