WC: May 6 GDT - Russia vs. Switzerland

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I sure hope Sweden loses to Finland. They also will be more tired than us tomorrow. I hope Finns will show them a piece of their mind. I always pull for Finland when those two are playing. :)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
this game was entertaining. russia played clever, showed some real good hockey at times and they seemed to have fun. swiss played better than expected, they did what they are able to do.

and i have not seen a picture of ovechkin's elbow yet. but i hope there will be some or even a youtube vid. and is has to be from behind the penalty box otherwise you won't see his elbow and it's looks like a shoulder to head thing. i don't think it'll be a suspension.

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
and i have not seen a picture of ovechkin's elbow yet. but i hope there will be some or even a youtube vid. and is has to be from behind the penalty box otherwise you won't see his elbow and it's looks like a shoulder to head thing. i don't think it'll be a suspension.

http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mediasali/mmjaakiekko/2007/paivanvideot/fi/id74652.html

There's a clip. And that's probably the best we are going to get. Really hard to say. Personally I think it's not an elbow. Anyway, the real problem is that he's coming out of the penalty box. Unfortunate incident.

espo*

Now the situation becomes does Ovechkin get 3 games or not?

if he does'nt...........................questions are going to be asked.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Now the situation becomes does Ovechkin get 3 games or not?

if he does'nt...........................questions are going to be asked.

nah, i don't think so. IMO it was a 5+ penalty, but that's it. it should be an automatic suspension for one game if i'm right. so he'll sit against sweden and will be ready for the quarterfinals. the game tomorrow is not that important. russia looked dominant and i really liked what i see. they seem to have everything to win the cup.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mediasali/mmjaakiekko/2007/paivanvideot/fi/id74652.html

There's a clip. And that's probably the best we are going to get. Really hard to say. Personally I think it's not an elbow. Anyway, the real problem is that he's coming out of the penalty box. Unfortunate incident.

It was not an elbow, but shoulder. The problem is that he hit the head directly without any other body contact, so it is very hard to call that an unfortunate incident. He could have made real tackle instead of this, but chose the way of a lazy player.

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
it should be an automatic suspension for one game if i'm right.

That's what I thought too, but it seems to be up to the directorate meeting tonight to decide. They gather each time there's a game misconduct. At least J. Ruutu was not suspended.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
That's what I thought too, but it seems to be up to the directorate meeting tonight to decide. They gather each time there's a game misconduct. At least J. Ruutu was not suspended.

hmm, then they should decide that no suspension is needed.

did anyone know how wirz is doing? did he come back to play? didn't see him after this incident. to me he looked a bit confused and could have a small concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad