WC: May 5 GDT - Canada vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
CaptainShark said:
As I can´t purchase and watch the Video-Broadcast here in Germany :(:(:( and the game won´t be on TV for whatever reason, I would love to at least listen to the game... Does anyone know a station that is broadcasting the game?
I know my local radio station is picking up the bradcast, and you can usually listen to them online at www.team1200.com

X0ssbar

2 - 2 draw.

US leads 2-1 and Canada ties it up late in the 3rd.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
parise gets a hattrick and the US wins 4-2

or so devils fans wish ;)

actually is he going to be playing yet?

anyways, hrm. 3-2 USA

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
US wins a close one 3-2.Streaky Parrish has a big game,scoring the game winner :)

let's go US :handclap:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Le Golie said:
3-1 Canada.

Dipietro will start and play really well - yet Pierre McGuire will mention the Luongo trade 7 times. :deadhorse

the worse announcer by a mile

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Canada will play with a sense of urgency for the first time in the tournament and should dominate down low. The question is, is Brodeur and the defense ready to raise their game up?

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Canada is not going to go thru this tourney undefeated. This is the game they lose. They always need a loss early to get their attention.
I predict Brodeur struggles, leading to Luongo becoming the number one goalie the rest of the way. Canada outshoots US, but loses 3-2.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Today is the day! A real chance for Canada to prove they are sharp and prepared to win it all.
keys to the game:
Bordeur: Can't afford to be "untidy" today. Handle the puck safely but effectively,no bad rebounds...USA will be much tougher in front of our goal than the last 2 opponents.
Draper/Maltby/Smyth line: Got together around halfway through the last game...I really like these 3 together...hope to see them again today...whoever they match up with they must force turnovers and cycle the puck...this line can wear down the Americans.
Canadian Powerplay: Best in the tourney so far? Can be a huge part of our success...but like Brodeur the powerplay is getting its first "real test" today...so step one is to gain the zone,step 2 get shots on net...somewhere inbetween step 2 and atep 3 we have to control the play....down low...and not let our chaotic defencemen (Jovo) run around....no shorthanded chances/goals allowed! The backbone of the powerplay is the 3 or 4 different players we have who go to the crease and make plays/finish. Nash,Thorton,Smyth and perhaps Doan...Heatley should take a few more shots too!

espo*

jcpenny said:
Canada will play with a sense of urgency for the first time in the tournament and should dominate down low. The question is, is Brodeur and the defense ready to raise their game up?
That's what i'm wondering. Will they start making their switches and start playing competent man to man defense this game because if they don't they are in for some trouble.I would have preffered a tougher game for us going into this tilt but Slovenia is what was scheduled so we deal with it. this should be a dandy game with lot's of intensity and i expect both teams to put together their best effort to date,they always seem to when they meet.I think we can all look forward to a good game,it might be sloppy to start out as both teams nerves get settled but once they do watch out!! this could be the game of the tourney to this point....i am saying 4-3 Canada but whatever team loses you can be sure this is just the kind of game both teams need in order to get ready for the playoff rounds,and that's what it's all about. Ya wanna win but you want to get razor sharp ready also.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Canadas forwards dominate a small-ish USA defence and Heatley finally breaks loose. Brodeur plays great and his USA counterpart can't match, whoever it is.

4-1 Canada

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
VanIslander said:
:shakehead Shutout? But Latvia can score four goals?

Because one bad game means that he's going to suck the rest of the tournament. It's not like he has a history of being a good goalie or anything. :shakehead

SChan*

I hope the US will win. This is a country that is fighting for attention and they deserves it. Plus that Modano is one of the best and classiest hockey players ever.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
BuppY said:
4-1 Canada!!!

Heater with a Hat Trick!!!!! :D

Hehe, now you're talking!!! I hope Brodeur can step it up a notch in this game, Go Heatley and Go Canada!!!

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
SectionX said:
I hope the US will win. This is a country that is fighting for attention and they deserves it. Plus that Modano is one of the best and classiest hockey players ever.

I hope US wins... but don't you think country that is fighting for attention would at least broadcast games? :madfire:

SChan*

BruinsGirl said:
I hope US wins... but don't you think country that is fighting for attention would at least broadcast games? :madfire:

um yeah that's what I meant. They need to win in order for US tv stations to broadcast the games. Pathethic but true.

edit: should be team not country fighting for attention.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Even though the game means nothing I hope it's a close one.

Canada will win though, I'll go with 5-2.

Good luck USA, you'll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->