WC: May 4 GDT - Russia vs. Italy

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I fear it's Russia 10 - Italy 1.
If team Russia has the right attitube this can be a real blowout. I like team Italy and I liked the way they played against Latvia, but to be honest there's no way Italy can survive from this avalanche.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think we should just win this game with as minimum of an effort as possible...

Now it's all about smarts, as there are about 7 teams left who can beat each other on any given day.

Kaktus*

Hopefully this and next games Malkin and Ovechkin will find some chemistry.. I'd like to see one d-man replacement.

Go Russia Go!

Kaktus*

Yes, I wish Detroit is out and we get D. Markov
Dude whats with you and D.Markov? He is a good player and everything but Volchenkov is much better d-man at this point, not to mention Zubov who once again said no to team Russia.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Dude whats with you and D.Markov? He is a good player and everything but Volchenkov is much better d-man at this point, not to mention Zubov who once again said no to team Russia.
Zuvob's hurt (probably for real this time), Ottawa is not going anywhere, they gonna take care of the Devils and advance, Detroit is tied 2:2 with Sharks, so Markov is the only hope to fortify our D

I'm not so sure Volchenkov is better, as he ha has no offensive game and outlet pass, Markov has both.

Kaktus*

Zuvob's hurt (probably for real this time), Ottawa is not going anywhere, they gonna take care of the Devils and advance, Detroit is tied 2:2 with Sharks, so Markov is the only hope to fortify our D

I'm not so sure Volchenkov is better, as he ha has no offensive game and outlet pass, Markov has both.
Markov has problems on D, once in a while he has a brain cramp unlike Volchenkov. Russia, probably one of the best offensive teams in this tournament.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com

I'd preffer to see Nabokov, Go Wings Go!!! :)

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Can someone tell me why IIHF has so many teams at WC? I mean why would anyone care about a game like Russia-Denmark or something like that. Why not just have 10 teams max, split them in 2 groups, let them play1 round robin, have 3 teams advance from each group, 1st place teams have 1 By, then have smifinals and finals best of 3. I think it would be much better than watching games like Russia-Italy.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Can someone tell me why IIHF has so many teams at WC? I mean why would anyone care about a game like Russia-Denmark or something like that. Why not just have 10 teams max, split them in 2 groups, let them play1 round robin, have 3 teams advance from each group, 1st place teams have 1 By, then have smifinals and finals best of 3. I think it would be much better than watching games like Russia-Italy.

PR, trying to make hockey popular in as many countries as possible

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta

How can you say this. You haven't even seen this thriller yet ;)

Kaktus*

PR, trying to make hockey popular in as many countries as possible
I do not think losing 9:1 will make it popular. Who wants to see that, you know?

Anyway, hopefully Italians ate a lot of pasta and can compete.

Go Russia Go!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
yes and no. Are you saying for example that it's better that Russia doesn't make it to football world Cup at all, over making it to the World Cup, getting out of the group and then loosing to Brazil let's say 3:0? I take the latter any time...

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
yes and no. Are you saying for example that it's better that Russia doesn't make it to football world Cup at all, over making it to the World Cup, getting out of the group and then loosing to Brazil let's say 3:0? I take the latter any time...
that's not exactly the same thing. FIFA World Cup is held every 4 years. In order to get there you have to play Qualifying games, i am sure u r fully aware of that. And with all due respect to Brazil, I think the gap between Russia and Brazil in soccer is smaller that a gap between Russia and Denmark in hockey. Cameroun gave Argentina all they could handle in 1994, remember?:) France in 2002 got their butts kicked as well by bunch of "nobodies". To summarize it all: Russia in soccer has a chance of beating Brazil ( a very small one, but it's still a chance ) where in hockey, teams like Denmark, Ukraine, etc have no chance at all to even be somewhat competetive against teams like Russia, Canada, etc.
P.S. Did u think Ukraine will make top 8 teams at the last FIFA world cup?

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
RTR Sport isn't showing the game. I can't get any spocast channel to work either.

Anyone have a link? Please :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->