WC: May 4 GDT - Denmark vs. Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
mattihp said:
Finland's.

Jörgen Jönsson wasn't too happy about the reckless and flat out dangerous play by the Ukrainians.

They better stop before someone looses an eye! :sarcasm:

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Ukraine will now face both Canada and the US in the next round, wonder if they'll stick with their dirty play, and if that happens, how will the North Americans react to their stickwork?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Petey21 said:
how will the North Americans react to their stickwork?

Hopefully they will teach them a lesson that will be remembered the next few generations.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Riddarn said:
Hopefully they will teach them a lesson that will be remembered the next few generations.

I am really looking forward to see guys like Souray beating the crap out of the Ukrainians :biglaugh:

Oil_slick9416*

BruinsGirl said:
Well..doesn't Souray has his own weak spot? ;) How is his wrist doing?

at this point ,the way he's been plasying hurting souray will make him better :sarcasm:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Too bad Ukraine isn't playing the US and that the US didn't have Malone ;) pretty good sticking friend for them there :D

I've started to suspect that either Ryan Malone has a secret ukrainian passport or the ukrainians have special studied her ;)

Felix

May 16, 2003
Lviv/Ukraine
Visit site
mattihp said:
Too bad Ukraine isn't playing the US and that the US didn't have Malone ;) pretty good sticking friend for them there :D

I've started to suspect that either Ryan Malone has a secret ukrainian passport or the ukrainians have special studied her ;)

Boy and everyone like you!

Your team lost! You are loosers! And that's all that explains your whinning.

That's a simple mythe that Ukraine plays dirty hockey. Stronger teams like Finland want weaker teams like Ukraine to surrender even before the star of the game. And when they feel resistance during the game they start whinning.

As of the final score: Ukraine is undoubtedly better team than Denmark so far and played this game on the minimum necessery level to advance to the next round. They've completed their task. Congratulations!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Felix said:

That's a simple mythe that Ukraine plays dirty hockey. Stronger teams like Finland want weaker teams like Ukraine to surrender even before the star of the game. And when they feel resistance during the game they start whinning.

As of the final score: Ukraine is undoubtedly better team than Denmark so far and played this game on the minimum necessery level to advance to the next round. They've completed their task. Congratulations!

WTF?
Finland won against Ukraine for crying out loud.. And playing like wusses with your sticks out isn't the way to play... If they are going to play tough, they should play it by the book and not by their wooden hearts and stone hands.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Felix said:

If you're going to rant, at least read the entire thread and figure out where people are from. And the Ukraine plays dirty, ugly hockey and no, it is not a myth. Pretty much everybody sees it and writing incoherent, misdirected posts with alot of exclamation marks doesn't change that fact one bit.

Felix

May 16, 2003
Lviv/Ukraine
Visit site
Riddarn said:
If you're going to rant, at least read the entire thread and figure out where people are from. And the Ukraine plays dirty, ugly hockey and no, it is not a myth. Pretty much everybody sees it and writing incoherent, misdirected posts with alot of exclamation marks doesn't change that fact one bit.

Sorry, did not intend to offend anyone.

I recognize that in the game against Finland Ukrainnians committed to many fauls and even their coach regognized that. But I would not say that Ukraine averall is the dirtiest and ugliest team... BTW, It's difficult to play an elite style of hochey when there is only one proffesional team in your country...

P.S. To all Swedes and Finns - good luck :)

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Felix said:
Sorry, did not intend to offend anyone.

I recognize that in the game against Finland Ukrainnians committed to many fauls and even their coach regognized that. But I would not say that Ukraine averall is the dirtiest and ugliest team... BTW, It's difficult to play an elite style of hochey when there is only one proffesional team in your country...

P.S. To all Swedes and Finns - good luck :)

I agree... I read on Sokol page how little budget Ukrainian team has to operate! Something like $400,000 a year or less! 5 rinks in whole country doesn't help either.

Elite players are looking elsewhere... For example Vishnevsky... Born in Kharkov , don't think ever played for his country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->