WC: May 4 GDT - Austria vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
fredez said:
I smell a blowout : 7-0 Slovakia

Palffy (2), Marian Hossa (2), Zednik (1), Satan (1), Chara (1)

I was pretty accurate : actual score 8-1

Palffy (2), Zednik (1), Marian Hossa (1)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Tricolore#20 said:
Slovakia goes on an unbelievable tear in the 3rd period. They score 4 goals in 5 minutes. Five goals for the period.

Slovakia tends to score alot of goals against inferior opposition. It says nothing of their actual form or team play.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Riddarn said:
Slovakia tends to score alot of goals against inferior opposition. It says nothing of their actual form or team play.

Who cares who it was against. With the goals, Slovakia has surpassed Russia for first place in the pool. That is mightily important.

And fredez, are you sure Zeddy got the goal? From my perspective, here are the goalscorers from the game:

1:0 Gaborik
2:0 Palffy
3:0 Visnovsky
4:0 Marian Hossa
1:4 Unterluggauer
5:1 Strbak
6:1 Handzus
7:1 Strbak
8:1 Palffy

gopher

Dec 5, 2002
Europe
www.legioxv.org
if our team is`nt able to step up the game in the regulation,
austria will definitely play in group b for the next years.
that said, this team has no future.

what a crap.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Tricolore#20 said:
Who cares who it was against. With the goals, Slovakia has surpassed Russia for first place in the pool. That is mightily important.
No they won`t the goals against Austria won`t count in the qualifying round

The Qualification Round consists of two groups with six teams in each, playing a single round robin series. These teams carry forward the points gained in the Preliminary Round with the teams that they have played and advance with. Teams, which have played in the Preliminary Round, do not meet again in the Qualification Round.
http://live82.ihwc.net/english/rules/

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Even though Germany aren't doing too well either I actually feel sorry for the Austria fans.

Tough to play that bad at home. I have a very good friend in Vienna and he was so looking forward to this. :(

Hey maybe you'll beat Germany in the playdowns and everything will be good for you! ;)

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:

And fredez, are you sure Zeddy got the goal? From my perspective, here are the goalscorers from the game:

1:0 Gaborik
2:0 Palffy
3:0 Visnovsky
4:0 Marian Hossa
1:4 Unterluggauer
5:1 Strbak
6:1 Handzus
7:1 Strbak
8:1 Palffy

50.28 1 - 5 PP1 Slovakia 20. ZEDNIK, Richard (7.STRBAK, Martin) (15. STUMPEL, Jozef)

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen.../Live.jsp@compId=1000000009&gameId=1000000333

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:
Sweeet. I was waiting for him to get some points on the board. He's been very disappointing every single time I've seen him play for Slovakia. This has to be the tournament for him where he turns it around.
He is disappointing again. He was standing in front of the net and Strbak hit him with his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad