WC: May 4 GDT - Austria vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPquarterback

Jun 2, 2004
Bratislava
It's hard for me to say, but this will be just another game from the "try to score if you can crash the wall" series. With absolutely awfull quality of the ice and passive defensive play of the Austrians yet another boring version of "game formerly known as hockey" dissaster is coming :cry:

The only worth-of-watching game so far was the SVK-RUS matchup so let's wait for some real hockey.

Anyway, 4-1 Slovaks :yo:

Last edited:

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I say 3-1 Slovakia.

They'll score 3 early, and then sit back like the Filc regime, preventing any offense from taking place. Then they'll see Austria attack until they make it interesting.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Divis had surgery on his shoulder earlier and he is still recovering. He should be ready in time for the start of next season.

I expect another entertaining game like the Russia - Austria game on opening day. Slovakia should win this one, but the austrian team will give his all to let the 5-0 against Belarus be forgotten.

Starting goalie Bernd Brückler (who did a good job so far) will probably be given a rest, so Patrick Machreich will start todays game.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Reilly311 said:
How has Palffy been playing so far?
One of the best Slovakians, fast skating and hard shot. He is more effective than most other forwards on his team who prefer a passing game.

At least thats what i have seen in the first game.

He has even been voted best player of his team for the first game.

Last edited:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Do you guys think that Austrians will give their best or they won't since they have nothing to play for? They should give their best (because of the fans), but will they?!

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Will anyone be watching the game? I would appreciate some updates. At least after the periods...

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Berkut said:
Is Austria playing more or less the same way they did against Russia?
they are trying to. but slovakia is able to put a consistant pressure on the austrian defense, austrians were just able to go a few breakaways...

outstanding for the slovaks is ziggy palffy. the austrian defense has no idea how to shut him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad