WC: May 2 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Thunderstruck said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

More like Chara unwilling to waste time in the penalty box after pummeling that useless hump.

The Russians would love the trade off, the Slovaks, not so much.
Have you seen his face or it's you suggestion as Ottawa fan ? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
The game was great! Both teams played good hockey, although Russia little bit better. Ovechkin is a freakin monster! His line didn't play that much but every time they were on the ice it was dangerous. Those three are so fast, they are flying all over the ice! The referee sucked! That 5 on 3 at the end of the second was unnecessary call. For me it was the best part of the game! One minute and 20 seconds Slovaks with a two men advantage... And than Datsyuk without his stick carries the puck out of his zone! Russia was in control most of the game but Slovak counterattacks are deadly. Kharitonov's post... :madfire: What a play, what a wrist shot... Pitty that it didn't went in! It would be a a beautiful goal!

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Archijerej said:
Hmmmm...just a thought, what if Chechs and Slovaks could ice one team toghether :D ?
What if USSR didn't fall and we have all Khabibulins, Fedorovs, Mogilnys and Zubovs with others players that may come from Soviet hockey school that worked like machine ? :D

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Archijerej said:
Hmmmm...just a thought, what if Chechs and Slovaks could ice one team toghether :D ?

Sorry, but (for example) Sokolov is Russia's 4th(!) goalie! How would Slovakia do with it's 4th goalie?!

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Kaizer said:
What if USSR didn't fall and we have all Khabibulins, Fedorovs, Mogilnys and Zubovs with others players that may come from Soviet hockey school that worked like machine ? :D

Antropov!!! Please don't forget Antropov ;) :D . But I agree, it would be better to watch tic tac toe hockey machine that was winning everything instead of 22 prima-donnas wearing Rossija jerseys nowadays ;) . No offence intended, I just can't stand how their talent doesn't translate into winning tournaments. Maybe with Krikunov it will be better.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Slay said:
Yeah in 3rd he looked really good and honestly surprised me with some plays. I really hope Semin will back soon because he is as danger as Ovechkin if not more and I hope Zinoviev will help Kovalchuk to be visible at least.

Can you tell me what happened to Semin?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
wilka91 said:
they only chances Slovakia got 5 on 5 was early in the 1st ... and their offense vanished. The Russian totally outplayed them in the 3rd (5 on 5), and it's a miracle that Slovakia got the tie granted the number of chances Russia had : I mean Kharitonov hit the post, then Afinogenov missed an open net ...

but Russia absolutely lacks finishers, they can't really put the puck in the net when they have the opportunity. the PP sucks ass.

and Sokolov looks shaky out there. he should have stopped Visnovsky's shot. there was no one in front of him, so that 3rd goal was his mistake.

Is the Ovechkin-Malkin line relegated to 4th line time?

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
For those who have seen the first 2 Russian games, would you say that A. Markov has played like he's the #1 blueliner for Russia in this tournament so far ?

Last edited:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kaizer said:
This team has character.

:handclap: my words !

What a game and what a lucky one for Slovakia :shakehead
And we still missing 2 of our key-guys ! O boy i hope we have the SEMIN -YASHIN-KOZLOV line back in the next game !

AND HOW SICK IS OVECHKIN !!! WHAT A PLAYER WITH 19 !!! :bow:
What a smoooooooooooooooooooooooooth skater MALKIN is WOW :bow:

The future looks bright my russian friends ....very bright :yo:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:
because Yeremenko and Yeremeyev are not the same person, and Yeremenko sucks!

If Yeremenko sucks why is he in the World Championships?

Where is Novokuznetsk goalie Vadim Tarasov? Isn´t he the best Russian goalie after Nabokov and Khabi?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Berkut said:
Slay, did you recorded the goals? Would be awesome.

Nope, tv signal of TVC channel that shows games here is not very good quality for me. I hoped to record them in sport news but "Sport" doesn't show the highlights, seems like they don't have rights to show them.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
how about defense ?
does it look bright also ?
after the russians got spanked by canadians in the ADT/Canada challenge and in the juniors...

CSKA said:
:handclap: my words !

What a game and what a lucky one for Slovakia :shakehead
And we still missing 2 of our key-guys ! O boy i hope we have the SEMIN -YASHIN-KOZLOV line back in the next game !

AND HOW SICK IS OVECHKIN !!! WHAT A PLAYER WITH 19 !!! :bow:
What a smoooooooooooooooooooooooooth skater MALKIN is WOW :bow:

The future looks bright my russian friends ....very bright :yo:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
TML-SM said:
how about defense ?
does it look bright also ?
after the russians got spanked by canadians in the ADT/Canada challenge and in the juniors...

wow you are the man ............ :clap:

afinogenov

Sep 17, 2004
I've seen the whole game in german television and i'm very surised by russia.
They have done a great job tonight. The scoring lines were awesome, especially the 4th line with Ovechkin, Malkin and Afinogenov. Man, Afinogenov could have decided this match two times ! GREAT SKILL!!!! :handclap:
BTW, the defense (A. Markov) looked good, they have to be careful on PP but it was OK.

GOOD JOB RUSSIA!!!!! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->