WC: May 2 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Dan Galvin said:
Who scored the goal? 3 -3 ?

Yashin threw it infront of the net Kovalchuck directed it on Lasaks leg rebound out to Kozlov who one-timed it under Lasaks arm.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
No offense but Slovakia is useless 5 on 5.

And Russia has absolutely no powerplay.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Well, Ovechkin was player of the game for me. He looks by far better than everyone on the ice.

2 nice moments from the game:
- Chara afraid to fight with Fedorov Jr.
- 5-on-3 play in PK when Datsyuk lost his stick.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Kaizer said:
Well, Ovechkin was player of the game. He looks by far better than everyone on the ice.

Yeah in 3rd he looked really good and honestly surprised me with some plays. I really hope Semin will back soon because he is as danger as Ovechkin if not more and I hope Zinoviev will help Kovalchuk to be visible at least.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

Was he affraid or is he more usefull to that team when he's on the ice and not in the box? Smart Chara for me :clap:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
What do you mean? They didn't look good out there?

they only chances Slovakia got 5 on 5 was early in the 1st ... and their offense vanished. The Russian totally outplayed them in the 3rd (5 on 5), and it's a miracle that Slovakia got the tie granted the number of chances Russia had : I mean Kharitonov hit the post, then Afinogenov missed an open net ...

but Russia absolutely lacks finishers, they can't really put the puck in the net when they have the opportunity. the PP sucks ass.

and Sokolov looks shaky out there. he should have stopped Visnovsky's shot. there was no one in front of him, so that 3rd goal was his mistake.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
VanIslander said:
In the first game Slovakia had several individualistic surges toward the net get turned aside (Zednik, Palffy) and a passing line florish (Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa). The team showed some cohesiveness in the third period.

In their first game Russia had many ineffective puck-hogging surges (Yashin, Kovalchuk, Afinogenov, Ovechkin) and some moments of good passing and team play (Malkin, Kovalev, Datsyuk). The players never quite put it together and even the powerplay didn't show a unified formation of passing to and fro the point.

Litmus test time: Which group of players will put it together and gel as a team?

It'll be the game of the day, IMO.

Prediction: 3-3

Good call ;)

SENSible1*

Kaizer said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

More like Chara unwilling to waste time in the penalty box after pummeling that useless hump.

The Russians would love the trade off, the Slovaks, not so much.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Archijerej said:

Was he affraid or is he more usefull to that team when he's on the ice and not in the box? Smart Chara for me :clap:
Now, it's named so ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->