WC: May 13 GDT - USA vs. Latvia

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
US defence is way too slow for fast skating teams on the big ice. However, Naumovs will have to stand on his head and the Latvians need to be fast and disciplined here. I say 4-3 Latvia.

PS: What about Karlis Skrastins? Is he coming t help the team, now that Colorado is out of the playoffs? He would be extremely useful...

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
No word on Skrastins, probably won't come as it's too little time left.

I hope for a win, but even the tie could do it for us to step in the QF. We'll see...

Mefisto

May 11, 2006
Riga
Boucicaut said:
PS: What about Karlis Skrastins? Is he coming t help the team, now that Colorado is out of the playoffs? He would be extremely useful...

my prediction 2:2

about Skrastins. Karlis agreed to help, but he can't be here sooner as for game against Norway.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
"The American youth movement continues with the addition of forward Patrick O'Sullivan. The 21-year-old center replaces R.J. Umberger, who has withdrawn due to concussion-like symptoms likely stemming from the hit he took from Buffalo's Brian Campbell in the NHL playoffs."

Too bad for Umberger; I was hoping the fact that he went to Latvia meant he was not having any problems from that hit

Go USA!

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Aks Winter said:
Is Anderson going to be the starting goalie tonight?

It's going to be interesting game, let's hope that fans can behave tonight.

I'd say 4-1 to USA.

Anderson is in goal; 0-0 after 1 period; USA on PP to start the 2nd

Checker*

sk84fun_dc said:
Anderson is in goal; 0-0 after 1 period; USA on PP to start the 2nd

Ridiculous.

It'd be nice if USA put their best goalie on the ice.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Checker said:
Ridiculous
It'd be nice if USA put their best goalie on the ice.

Anderson has been the starting goalie in 3 of the 4 games (including the 2 wins); now, 4 of 5; he is the starting goalie for this tournament; Anderson and Bacashihua are both young goalies; not sure what goalie you are referring to as some other goalies have injuries, e.g., Esche and DiPietro, and were not available

Checker*

sk84fun_dc said:
Anderson has been the starting goalie in 3 of the 4 games (including the 2 wins); now, 4 of 5; he is the starting goalie for this tournament; Anderson and Bacashihua are both young goalies; not sure what goalie you are referring to as some other goalies have injuries, e.g., Esche and DiPietro, and were not available

I'd rather see Bacashihua. Outplayed Anderson in the NHL this past season, has more talent/potential, and played great against a tough Canadian team in the only start he's "earned" Playing Anderson on back to back nights after a less than stellar performance against Finland is just bad coaching.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Checker said:
I'd rather see Bacashihua. Outplayed Anderson in the NHL this past season, has more talent/potential, and played great against a tough Canadian team in the only start he's "earned" Playing Anderson on back to back nights after a less than stellar performance against Finland is just bad coaching.

I agree starting Bacashihua may have made sense today, but I don't see starting Anderson as a huge negative. Personally, I think Bacashihua has more potential, too, but that is based on a limited number of views of each goalie to this point.

OilerOlli*

Ouch...Latvia is missing Sandis Ozolinsh, who is currently playing for Anaheim in the nhl playoffs (German commentator) :biglaugh:

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
no leader - no system - no sniper - no chance is this tourney = Team USA !!

I eagerly waited to see them with Stafford, Kessel and O`Sullivan - but at the end they dont get a lot of ice time and this team is lacking too much needed to be successful .. too bad!

GO USA !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad