WC: May 10 GDT - Sweden vs. Switzerland

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Matti_A said:
It's amazing they can't make playable ice this day and age in pool A hockey.

I mean they had the div. 3 world championships in Mexico a few years ago without any ice-problems, for crying out loud. :shakehead

The games should only be held in the top-8 hockey countries, then we wouldn't have to see this.
No its just a new trick to sell some more beer in the stands and in the bars. Capitalism is not a new thing in Latvia.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Ok, it looks silly and one just wanna laugh about it but I think it is a good thing countrys like Latvia are the host nations to the world cup. Can just wish that they will improve their rinks and some time in the future they can be the host nation once again and everything will work, and maybe then there will be no horns in the stands. Got to start somewhere.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Haha, Finnish tv-commentators told that the game had taken too long and the Latvian television did not buy enough time to use the satellite.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Zetterberg is just awesome! 2-1 Sweden. 2 goals Z

Edit: Hardshooting Jesper Mattsson makes it 3-1. 26 seconds between goals.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
4-4

^^ Indeed they do.

Esa Tikkanen was really sure that they would not.

This has been one of the best games so far.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I've only been watching the last period,
but it looks to me like all the SUI goals
in the 3rd have been caused by sloppy
defense from SWE.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Uh.. Nik Kronwall did a pretty good (well.. it was bad too) Aki Berg impersonation there.. I think those two late giveaways were good for this team though. They will be on their toes more next game.

Pretty good game, even if it was a bit disrupted by the Latvian ice-berg incident.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Wow, gotta respect the heart that the swiss team showed today. :clap:

I thought for sure the game was over when Sweden scored their 4th goal, very uncharacteristic for Sweden to lose a two goal lead, in the third period no less.

One of the best games so far despite the delay, and the ref wasn't too bad either. :)

Last edited:

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Yes, very good game with a pretty good tempo and some physical plays.

Zetterberg was tremendious. Finally, the swiss team deserves one point for a great heart showed at the end of this game.

Two good teams in fact...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Some of BÃ…G's selections where really exposed tonight. A. Karlsson, his defense aren't good enough to play against this kind of competition. Jesper Mattson, if he scores a goal per game he is OK. If not he shouldn't be on the team. Too many clowns and not enough hockeyplayers on this team.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
swisdan said:
Yes, very good game with a pretty good tempo and some physical plays.

Zetterberg was tremendious. Finally, the swiss team deserves one point for a great heart showed at the end of this game.

Two good teams in fact...

Now, let's see if the Swiss can keep this pace in the next round. IMO they should win the game against Belarus but the Belarussian (???) played great hockey lately. Should be a good game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ts said:
Now, let's see if the Swiss can keep this pace in the next round. IMO they should win the game against Belarus but the Belarussian (???) played great hockey lately. Should be a good game.

Belarus gets Sweden no?

twelve

May 19, 2005
svea said:
The coaches of both teams are standing around together and having a laugh.

They know each other well. BA Gustafson was assistant coach of Krueger once.

The Swiss play against Slovakia next.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Belarus will beat Switzerland. And maybe take a point away from Sweden. Switzerland will fight Slovakia for the final 4th spot.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
TORRUS said:
Belarus will beat Switzerland. And maybe take a point away from Sweden. Switzerland will fight Slovakia for the final 4th spot.

Is you say it, it perhaps true. But i think Switzlerand is better than Belarus. For sure... :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->