WC: May 10 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
Both goalies look a bit shaky. Both Slovakian goals were Zvyagins goals. In the first goal he was out of position and second was an easy shot he should have taken.

Ref´s were as bad as usual in this tournament. For example Nikulin played good defence on Russian powerplay when Slovakia had a partial brakeaway. He was a bit out of positin but was able to defend without hooking or holding. He was just playing puck with his stick and he got a 2 holding penalty. Just a moment later, when Ovetchkin broke loose, he was hooked by two Slovakian players. Result: no penalty. This is what pains me. Sometimes they handout a penalty when nothing illegal has happened, sometimes clear penalties are forgiven.

Pushkin*

We can't bee too had on Hockey REFS...For hundred yeard they were the worst in all sports and they couldn't call what they saw as a penalty as stated in the rule book...It's their first year actually calling it by the book... It will improve for sure but what I'm more concern about is those dumb players wich after one year now (lots of games) of the refs calling it for real now some still take dumb penalties like holding in the offensive zone...

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
Pushkin said:
We can't bee too had on Hockey REFS...For hundred yeard they were the worst in all sports and they couldn't call what they saw as a penalty as stated in the rule book...It's their first year actually calling it by the book... It will improve for sure but what I'm more concern about is those dumb players wich after one year now (lots of games) of the refs calling it for real now some still take dumb penalties like holding in the offensive zone...

I think you are righ. Problem for me is that referees are not consistant on their calls. Or rather the margin between a call and no-call is too large.

Hopefully referees are in their best shape when elimination round begins. Otherwise we are going to see a lot of controversial calls that unnecessarily piss the loosing side of.

Pushkin*

Like I've just told you it's their first year refereeing the game the right way they're not used to it and most of them are not that intelligent either...They will certainly put aside the worst ones for the next round...

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
Pushkin said:
Like I've just told you it's their first year refereeing the game the right way they're not used to it and most of them are not that intelligent either...They will certainly put aside the worst ones for the next round...

Well I ques I have seen only the bad referees that can´t call the game consistantly. Hope they find some good ones for the games that count.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
The game was great until the refs started interfering. And of course, Slovakia scores and will get more chances to sore on the 5 on 3. :shakehead

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Oh boy what a ****** game. We just dominated the 2nd .........and than that BS hmmm.

Koltsov ? What happened :dunno:

5:3 for 2 min ? :madfire:

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
CSKA said:
Oh boy what a ****** game. We just dominated the 2nd .........and than that BS hmmm.

Koltsov ? What happened :dunno:

5:3 for 2 min ? :madfire:
80secs left in third....i hope we score

go slovakia go! :yo:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'm trying to get the video feed from Corbina.tv and I have the pop-up video window, but it just says "ready" below the screen and will not play. Is this a site one must pay for, or is there something else I should do? :help:

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
This is stupid. Ref talks to each bench, then it's a match penalty to Koltsov?? I don't mind penalties, but could they at least explain what the heck is going on? This is so confusing.

harper

Feb 4, 2006
Slovakia doesnt have the strong team at this tournament that it usually send...if i understand the playoff format correctly, it looks like the top 2 teams from the sweden-canada-czech-finland group are going to have pretty easy pickings (sk and switzerland, in my estimation)...but then again the jury is still out on countries like canada and russia, if not everybody

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Beesfan said:
I'm trying to get the video feed from Corbina.tv and I have the pop-up video window, but it just says "ready" below the screen and will not play. Is this a site one must pay for, or is there something else I should do? :help:

It's free, and I had the same happen once. Not sure how to fix it, restart comp, reset modem?

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Icekube said:
This is stupid. Ref talks to each bench, then it's a match penalty to Koltsov?? I don't mind penalties, but could they at least explain what the heck is going on? This is so confusing.

Yeah i think it was a surprise for all of us ........ i mean they showed no penalty time on television.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Beesfan said:

Keep trying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->