WC: May 09 GDT - Canada vs. USA

Small Brain Presence

cyrisweb said:
skating well, in on the chances and stuff but hasn't actually had any real results.
The goal Kessel scored wasn't really a goal.. the other player did all the work, the puck would have gone in anyway it was slooowly about to cross the goal line and kessel came in and pushed it in to be 100% sure.

Hard to get any "real results" when he has had a total of ZERO seconds of power play time in three games. I'm not sure why they even invited him to play in this tournament if Eaves is only going to give him 10 or 12 minutes of time a game. But then, Eaves has the offensive dynamo Komisarek playing the point on a 5 on 3 so it's hard to question his coaching acumen.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
joe_shannon_1983 said:
Crosby is the best.

Take the best parts of Gretzky, the best parts of Lemieux, the best parts of Howe, combine it all, and you have got Sidney Crosby.
For me I think he's a hybrid of Orr and Gretzky.He doesn't have the physical stature of Howe or Lemieux so you can't really say that he brings that to his game but he does have Gretzky like hockey sense and Orr like skating ability/athletic ability. As far as competitveness he also reminds me of Orr and Messier.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can someone post a link to the Crosby goal? woke up late and forgot to tape the game before i did my 8 hr shift at work.

jaydub*

pei fan said:
For me I think he's a hybrid of Orr and Gretzky.He doesn't have the physical stature of Howe or Lemieux so you can't really say that he brings that to his game but he does have Gretzky like hockey sense and Orr like skating ability/athletic ability. As far as competitveness he also reminds me of Orr and Messier.

he reminds of paul kariya, except a better passer.

jaydub*

tom_servo said:
Grittier than Kariya. More attentive defensively than Kariya (but then, he is a center).

sounds like a pretty good description

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
pei fan said:
crosby = gretzky lite
malkin = mario lite

i say that of course as a compliment. should be fun to watch.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
joe_shannon_1983 said:
Crosby is the best.

Take the best parts of Gretzky, the best parts of Lemieux, the best parts of Howe, combine it all, and you have got Sidney Crosby.
I've always thought more of a Trottier/ Kharlamov mix.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
tom_servo said:
Grittier than Kariya. More attentive defensively than Kariya (but then, he is a center).
Also alot more of the intangible hockey sense/vision than Kariya.
If he's compared to guys like Kariya and Forsberg I would say it like this;a rich man's Forsberg/ Kariya.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Dark Metamorphosis said:
crosby = gretzky lite
malkin = mario lite

i say that of course as a compliment. should be fun to watch.
There's nothing lite about him. He's better at age 16/17 /18 than Gretzky and Lemieux. Let's see what he can do.I think he's gotmore game than Gretzky. I do realize the league will never open up enough to average scores of 8 goals a game. Neither does the league have a policy of protecting Sidney like they did Gretzky(almost the opposite).

"IF" this kids mental game is second to anybody's it's Gretzky's but his skating and physical skills are better than Wayne's.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Can someone close this thread? What started as a conversation about a game has once again degenerated into an homage to Crosby.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Can someone close this thread? What started as a conversation about a game has once again degenerated into an homage to Crosby.

Welcome to TSN watcher's nightmare

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
pei fan said:
There's nothing lite about him. He's better at age 16/17 /18 than Gretzky and Lemieux. Let's see what he can do.I think he's gotmore game than Gretzky. I do realize the league will never open up enough to average scores of 8 goals a game. Neither does the league have a policy of protecting Sidney like they did Gretzky(almost the opposite).

"IF" this kids mental game is second to anybody's it's Gretzky's but his skating and physical skills are better than Wayne's.
i hope you're right :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->