WC Group F: May 2 GDT - Sweden vs. USA (3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Predatore said:
(although in the latest Finland game he left a couple of ones, none that were very dangerous though)

against finland, he was shaky as was noronen on the other side. i still don't know why there were just two goals.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
ZeroTheHero said:
Because there was one single quality shot in the game :P

hehe, right. and alfie and jokinen played "the one who moves first lose". :D

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
End of second period.
Sweden outshot the Americans by a whole lot again.
Though the American team is hardly the most talented one in the tournament and with few star players I just love watching them play. They skate so hard, work so hard and show so much heart/dedication.
Should be a good third period.

SChan*

Sweden totally dominated but showed their usual inability to score. Americans always fight until they die.

SChan*

ZeroTheHero said:
But watch out for sweden's crazy luck :P they'll get a fluke goal or two soon :D

It's equal now, because USA had alot of luck on that goal.

15-5 shots 2nd period and 29-11 totally for sweden, and only 1-1. Very unacceptable.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Predatore said:
Dunham has been excellent :bow:
What a great save on Nylander's breakaway!

haha, and big save by Lundqvist just after, he was there with his long leg :)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
3-1 Sweden, Nylander with an empty netter

An exciting game. Sweden the better team but USA had some good plays.
Dunham excellent, forwards were quick but the D looked shaky. Gill and especially Ballard had problems IMO.

For Sweden smallish Niklas Andersson had a good game, Jörgen Jönsson worked hard as well and I thought checking-line players Sjöström and Tjärnqvist were very good.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not the result I was looking for, but a good effort nonetheless for the U.S. team. As long as there is a similar effort against Denmark the U.S. should be through to the quarterfinals.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Phew, a win. Sweden was clearly the better team but I was afraid that they started to lose their disciplin and concentration the last 10 minutes.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
it's games like these that make me wish the US program took this tournament more seriously, in their roster choice. These kids are working their tails off, but it's definitely not the highest impact roster they could field. A few names like Brian Rolston, Jamie Langenbrunner, Mike York and even Todd Marchant and David Legwand would probably go a long way. The defense is even more questionable. Why not give someone like David Tanabe a look?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nomorekids said:
it's games like these that make me wish the US program took this tournament more seriously, in their roster choice. These kids are working their tails off, but it's definitely not the highest impact roster they could field. A few names like Brian Rolston, Jamie Langenbrunner, Mike York and even Todd Marchant and David Legwand would probably go a long way. The defense is even more questionable. Why not give someone like David Tanabe a look?

You're asking the wrong question. It should be: Why don't more American players who are asked show up? There are a variety of reasons why that doesn't happen, but still. As for Tanabe, he's coming off major surgery so I don't fault him for not coming.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
rivercanyon said:
Ummm no. Its quite the opposite. Lundqvist is anything but shaky. Liv looks always shaky. Lundqvist is the better one and the more talented one.

Totally agreed. Liv is shaky. Lundqvist isn't. At the moment it is as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad