WC Group F: May 1 GDT - Finland vs. Denmark (6-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I am going to be kind of arrogant and cocky on this, I say 7-0 Finland
Jokinen with a hattrick and Jarkko Ruutu with 2

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I'm hoping for a real blowout because we need to improve our GF:GA ratio... that might be needed later on if we end up sharing the same amount of points with Sweden or some other country.

But knowing our team, it will probably be 3-1.

Last edited:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Damn. That hurts, I know. My brother once shot a puck to my face (he plays hockey) and I can tell you it stings a bit. Broke my cheekbone.

I look pretty again now.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
psycho_dad said:
I really do not understand why they refuse to penalize on those hookings. Denmark naturally uses it if it's not prohibited. Sweden hooked loads yesterday in first two periods.

and you've never seen a finnish player hooking. :shakehead

it's part of the game and should be banned, but at the moment every players does it and i mean every. it's like grabbing the jersey in the soccer game.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
zecke26 said:
and you've never seen a finnish player hooking. :shakehead

it's part of the game and should be banned, but at the moment every players does it and i mean every. it's like grabbing the jersey in the soccer game.

Of course I have seen finnish players doing it, but it is still lame. In this game and yesterdays game opponents have been using it loads and it really sucks. The game is not the same anymore and that is sad.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
psycho_dad said:
Of course I have seen finnish players doing it, but it is still lame. In this game and yesterdays game opponents have been using it loads and it really sucks. The game is not the same anymore and that is sad.

but the opponents generally don't do it more often than the own team. but denmark is a different thing, because weaker teams need it to have a small chance.
and yes, it's really sad.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
ZeroTheHero said:
Any update on Lasse's injury?

He just needed some stiches on his nose. He will be back to the next game.

The result was close what I expected. Team Finland dominated the game, got a clean 6-0 victory and when Team Denmark shot towards our goal, Norrena took care of it. Norrena played well in a difficult game imo. It's a difficult choice to the coaching staff. Either Norrena or Noronen between the pipes for the Russia game. Either way works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad