WC GROUP F: Apr 30 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Wow. Sweden scores with their goalie pulled, the puck went left post - right post - left post -- and then in! :eek:

edit: What's with these new, funky-looking buttons anyway? Don't like 'em!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Referee was ****. No call on any swedish hooks. And what a surprise...these lucky sons of ..... score a goal that hits 3 (!!!) posts before it goes in.

I really can't cope with the swedish LUCK.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
KungFuPenguin said:
Wow. Sweden scores with their goalie pulled, the puck went left post - right post - left post -- and then in! :eek:

edit: What's with these new, funky-looking buttons anyway? Don't like 'em!
who scored? what time?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Christian Bäckman, 19.05
I would be more angry had not Sweden grabbed at least one point in this game. Sweden had basically all the offense in the second and third period.

I was at times very impressed by the Finnish D, which I understand hasn't been that good earlier in the tourney.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
imagine if Alfredsson would have scored with his shot earlier also, the one that hit the post from the blueline... and Sweden would have won with two lucky goals..
Anyway, not so good game, pretty entertaining but nothing spectacular.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Chevy Cheveldae said:
We Score !

:handclap:

Heja Sverige :banana:

What an unbeautiful goal! From goalpost to another and back and into goal! Just cant congrat on this one, sorry. Finns should´ve take this one to home, but no!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
Christian Bäckman, 19.05
I would be more angry had not Sweden grabbed at least one point in this game. Sweden had basically all the offense in the second and third period.

I was at times very impressed by the Finnish D, which I understand hasn't been that good earlier in the tourney.

Still sweden played undisciplined and unconcentrated for most of the game. I think the finns deserved to win, actually.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Riddarn,
Well if you look at their fighting spirit and work ethics than they definitely deserved it. Sweden had however twice as many shots as the Finns, twice as many scoring chances etc.
BTW, TV3 had Dick Tärnström as a top 3 in the game.. I thought he was brutal...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I sure got beat at unibet :( Had several combos, all with either Finland or Sweden as the winner.. but no tie :( !! grrr ;)

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Sweden may have had more shots, but few really dangerous scoring chances IMHO. Finland deserved to win; although I loathe the kind of defensive play they relied on, they did it very well indeed.

And I agree, Tärnström looked bad today. But then again, so did most of the Swedes.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
Referee was ****. No call on any swedish hooks. And what a surprise...these lucky sons of ..... score a goal that hits 3 (!!!) posts before it goes in.

I really can't cope with the swedish LUCK.

Agreed. Swedes are always lucky! I hate it

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
ZerTheHero,
Agreed, great for Noronen to bounce back after a not so good game against Slovakia. He had one really poor "play", as he just gave the puck away to Tärnström, but elsewise he looked very steady for most of the game.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Three posts? How can you score via three posts? The hockey gods think they're sooooo hilarious. The joke about Sweden tying the game is twenty years old and it Ain't Funny! *Shakes fist at the sky*

*Inhale, exhale*

Noronen makes the defense play bad. Even though he stops a truckload of shots, his shaky play translates to the defensemen's insecurity. What's more, from what I saw on the radio, his mistake and the ensuing Swedish control in the third period stuffed a tennis ball down the team's throat. Given a reason, these guys will choke.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
Riddarn,
Well if you look at their fighting spirit and work ethics than they definitely deserved it. Sweden had however twice as many shots as the Finns, twice as many scoring chances etc.
BTW, TV3 had Dick Tärnström as a top 3 in the game.. I thought he was brutal...

Yeah Tärnström wasn't very good but none of the swedish defensemen were, except for maybe Hävelid. Sundin gives me a nervous breakdown everytime he's on the ice, he's a shadow of his former self (2 years ago).

I'm not sure if I like the shots-on-goal statistic as proof of who was the better team. The finnish tactic was to trap and counterattack, which they did very well. They also tried to clear the slot from swedish players and force them to shoot from the outside, and they did that fairly well too. The finns executed their game better accordingly to their gameplan and the swedes didn't. They were unlucky to let that goal in.

Norseman

May 28, 2002
Norway
rangers said:
Boikott alle danske produkter bortsett fra den danske salamien...Den er bare for god

Ringnes >>> Danskepølse

Oboy, I'm glad I'm not finnish. Lose a point to the swedes on a triple post in the last minute.... I would not be able to breathe normally in days.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
ZeroTheHero said:
Lundqvist looked shaky all game through, more quality shots from the front of the net would've ensured Finland's victory. Very few shots from or near the slot made the job easy for an apparently nervous Lundqvist.

Agree somewhat. He hasn't looked as steady as in the pre-games, but on the other hand, as long as he not let any goals go in I won't complain that much. He can, and will, be even better.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
yup, inexperienced Per HÃ¥llberg outshined Sundin. Sundin was excellent last season but not nearly as good this season. Looks very slow.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
One player that I thought would get some problems in this tournament is Per HÃ¥llberg (although he is a favorite of mine), but he has looked quite good so far. He is offensive but haven't been lost on counterattacks of what I've seen. He should maybe try to get the puck on goal sometimes, instead of always through it down in the boards, but overall, I'm satisfied with his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad