WC GROUP F: Apr 30 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Things don't look too good for the Lions right now, I'm a bit scared. Neither team can pull back like Russia and Slovakia did, so this has the makings of the most entertaining game thus far, and I'll be...at work! YAY!! :banana:

Slime

Mar 30, 2003
Sweden
Finland will come over excited to the game (cause it's almost a "must win" as someone said, and it's against Sweden, and they want to make up for the 5-6 humiliation last year etc...), they will play too aggressive, making more mistakes... defensive errors, stupid penalties (Ruutu :D ) while the swedes will keep their cool (as usual), play solid defense and win it 4-2 with their slick turn-overs lead by Nylander-Alfredsson.

(We've seen that scenario so many times before... and this is one of those times)
:cry:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Finland needs a win and will take it. Should be an entertaining game. Sweden does not have a team nearly as good as Slovakia this year. Finland will not repeat the same mistakes, at least not as many times as against Slovaks.

Finland wins 5-2, Alfie scores both for Sweden.

Sweden gets the first goal.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Wishing for a 2-1 victory for Sweden. Goals by Christian Bäckman and Jonathan Hedström.

The finns have good defensive forwards and probably will hold Alfredsson and Nylander scoreless, but at the moment we have quite some depth among forwards and many can score. Great matchup in goal as well, Noronen vs Lundqvist. Two future goalies.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
tommi462 said:
I think most people are doing it same way I am. A "few" beers during the game and then vodka and other stronger stuff afterwards. Especially if we win... or lose.

Yep, that`s what I`m going to do. Actually we are drinking beer already. Later Finlandia Wodka, oh yeah baby!!

Well, it`s only Sweden we have to beat. I predict we will win 12-0. Jokinen 5, Rintanen 2, Peltonen 2, Niinimaa, Nummelin and Laaksonen will score.

GO FINLAND GO :yo:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
An interesting fact:
When a journalist asked what Team Finland head coach Raimo Summanen thinks about the Sweden game, he replied: A helluva party. :D

BTW, this game will decide how Team Finland games are going to end imo.

Jamina

Dec 17, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Well, it couldn't be better way to start celebrating the 1st May than winning Sweden. Finland wins 3-2, goals by Hentunen, Peltonen and Pirjetä.

Klara vappen, spara vatten :joker:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
8 minutes to game start. Unfortunately no Andreas Johansson on the ice :(. Johan Höglund will replace him today.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
If Höglund doesn't score playing with Nylander, he has nothing to do on this team. If he is a failure, bring in Kahnberg! I'd love to see him with Axelsson and Nylander.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
mediocre first period. Finland definitely the better team after 5 minutes. Lundqvist has been very good in net for Sweden. Very impressed by the Finnish forwards and their forecheck. They look like the Swedish forwards did against Russia.

'''''hoping for a better second period'''''

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Decent first period. Both teams were very carefull at start, then Finland started to take things over. Sweden had a few good chances also. Lots of hooking, unfortunately the only call was on Esa Pirnes from Finland. Ref could have taken out a few swede hooks as well, there certainly were some.

Nothing spectacular yet, Rintanen hit the post once and Hentunen hit Lundqvists mask once.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
psycho_dad said:
Nothing spectacular yet, Rintanen hit the post once and Hentunen hit Lundqvists mask once.

nylander's scoring chance was a nice try. unfortunately he wasn't able to finish his move.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
1-0 Finland
What a slapper by Petter Nummelin, Lundqvist wasn't quick enough with his glove. The shot would have likely gone over had not Lundqvist tried to save it :(

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
second period over.
Sweden the better team in this one and with definitely more quality scoring chances. Finland scored the only goal though. Game is getting better and more interesting.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Alfredsson and Nylander showed some chemistry in the end of the second, hopefully they will score a goal or two.

Didn't like PÃ¥hlsson's play on Finland's goal, if he had hit Nummelin instead of going away it wouldn't just still be a tie, Nummelin would be afraid of the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->