GDT: WC Group E: May 3 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada (6-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Peter25 said:
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Czechs score!!!!!

The Satanic Evil Empire of hockey Canada needs to be defeated!

This game is basically the gracefull, courageous Czech Republic against the dirty, evil, satanic Canada.

I don't know man, after all Satan himself plays for Slovakia. ;)

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Satan is cool.

But Canadian players are just satanic. I hate them.

I´m sick and tired of the European referees letting them play dirty while other´s aren´t.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Peter25,
You have stated your point. The fact that you are even condoling a murder on a Canadian player makes it evident that you should keep that opinion to yourself and not post such things on the boards. Enjoy the game, discuss the players, the ref .. but there is no reason to use such heavy remarks.
thanks for understanding.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
*removed*

Hopefully the Canadian favoring ref will call the penalties to Canada they deserve next period.

EDIT: I hope you had not yet read my above comment when you posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
CeskyHokej said:
What happened to start the brawl and during the brawl.

Thanks

S. Niedermayer checked Jagr after the period had ended. During it it was pretty much Heatley, Straka, Hejda and Morrow who did the brawling. Although Niedermayer and Jagr participated as well. I was surprised to see Jagr go in there.

Slegr was there too, but didn't get a penalty for some reason.

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Wow this game I hope shows the Canadian management what a big mistake they made when they didn't upgrade their defense with Redden, Jovo, Phillips, Pronger, etc. I'm sure we could've put out a better team than this.

Last edited:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Canada was disapppointing in this game imo. Although Morrow's tackle against Spacek was clean imo after that Team Canada just went there trying to upset the Team Czech Republic players and that they did. I didn't like that very much. After they gave Czech the PP's, it was all over. Congrats, Czechs. Important win for you guys.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
I do not know if this has any relevance to this subject but I am throwing it out there anyways :dunno:

The thing about this Canadian team is that Scott Niedermayer and Ryan Smyth will most likely be the only ones on the World Cup team. For this Czeck team I can only think of a couple players there missing Milan Hejduk, Jiri Fischer, Robert Lang. There might be some more so do not flame me for it Czeck hockey fans. So I am not thinkin to much of this loss really. The team for Canada could have been so much better for this but to be all honest with this I do not think most canadian players care all to much for it. There mines are on the Stanley Cup and if they lose there first priority becomes family. Not to say there isnt any international players who have family first as well I am just saying that for most canadians this gets overshadowed by the Playoffs. Also the team at the World Cup should be and will be better then Czeck team for sure and should not have to much trouble with them. But for this Tournament they look like they are the class of this tourny and should take it without any trouble. They have some elite league players who are playing for their country and that to me seems to be the difference between some of the canadian players. They just seem to be there because they have nothing better to do. But not all of them that is for sure. If we had nothing but a big roster of Ryan Smyths we would have no problems because he is there to represent his country to the fullest.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
flamesfan01800 said:
I do not know if this has any relevance to this subject but I am throwing it out there anyways :dunno:

The thing about this Canadian team is that Scott Niedermayer and Ryan Smyth will most likely be the only ones on the World Cup team. For this Czeck team I can only think of a couple players there missing Milan Hejduk, Jiri Fischer, Robert Lang. There might be some more so do not flame me for it Czeck hockey fans. So I am not thinkin to much of this loss really. The team for Canada could have been so much better for this but to be all honest with this I do not think most canadian players care all to much for it. There mines are on the Stanley Cup and if they lose there first priority becomes family. Not to say there isnt any international players who have family first as well I am just saying that for most canadians this gets overshadowed by the Playoffs. Also the team at the World Cup should be and will be better then Czeck team for sure and should not have to much trouble with them. But for this Tournament they look like they are the class of this tourny and should take it without any trouble. They have some elite league players who are playing for their country and that to me seems to be the difference between some of the canadian players. They just seem to be there because they have nothing better to do. But not all of them that is for sure. If we had nothing but a big roster of Ryan Smyths we would have no problems because he is there to represent his country to the fullest.

Haven't I heard something like that before? Oh right, back in 1998.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Epsilon said:
Haven't I heard something like that before? Oh right, back in 1998.

So you don't think guys like Sakic, Lemieux, Pronger, Blake, Redden, Jovo, Bertuzzi, Thornton, Iginla, etc will make a difference?

Our 'D' at this tournament is terrible other than Niedermayer. I've got to say I'm dissapointed in Bouwmeester and Brewer...the others I never would've added.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Sting004 said:
So you don't think guys like Sakic, Lemieux, Pronger, Blake, Redden, Jovo, Bertuzzi, Thornton, Iginla, etc will make a difference?

Make a difference? Of course. Guarantee an easy victory like that previous post implied? I would think that Nagano would have taught people their lessons.

Dale

Nov 22, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
flamesfan01800 said:

The thing about this Canadian team is that Scott Niedermayer and Ryan Smyth will most likely be the only ones on the World Cup team.

They have some elite league players who are playing for their country and that to me seems to be the difference between some of the canadian players. They just seem to be there because they have nothing better to do. But not all of them that is for sure. If we had nothing but a big roster of Ryan Smyths we would have no problems because he is there to represent his country to the fullest.

Can't agree with some of your statements. Looking at this tournament,yes, S. Neidermeyer will defiately make the team but Smyth should definately NOT.Ryan has not played well at ALL at these championships and didn't for much of his season with the Oilers. Heatley, on the other hand, should be on the team.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad