WC Group E: May 2 GDT - Canada vs. Germany (6-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
zecke26 said:
luedemann is ok, retzer is doing what he can, but leask, kunce and especially molling should be out. i'd choose goldmann over those three. molling is by far the worst player i've seen for a long time. he's clutching and grabbing just not to fall on his butt, he simply can't skate.

Yeah in defense there need to be changes. Seids and Erhoff would really give this team a nice addition and Sascha Goc and Schubert could not do worse than Molling Leask and Kunce. Luedemann also has had better tournaments
There are just to many 3rd liners playing for our team, we are lacking speed and skill. Goc and Sturm would be able to provide that. But I think we have to live with these players for now. I hope next year maybe Zach gives some of our young defenders the chance to prove themselves, even so they still may lack experience.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
If only Soccio hadn't retired right before the WC. He may be old, but he is still one of the better scorers in Germany. Losing Hynes and Sascha Goc hurt, too.

It's hard to imagine, considering the strenght of the other nations, but I think our World Cup team will fare better than the WC-team now.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson said:
If only Soccio hadn't retired right before the WC. He may be old, but he is still one of the better scorers in Germany. Losing Hynes and Sascha Goc hurt, too.

It's hard to imagine, considering the strenght of the other nations, but I think our World Cup team will fare better than the WC-team now.
Where is Sasha? Soccio was an excellent player and could no doubt still contribute.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
He is ill, or at least he was before the tournament.
He missed some games because of the flu and it didn't get better, although he returned for some games in the playoffs. He decided to stay at home until he has completely recovered.

At least that's what I heard. Someone from Mannheim should know...

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I couldn't understand why our coach Zach has nominated Kunce,Smazal and Molling......Martin Walter,Alexander Sulzer,Lasse Kopitz are much better and younger.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Kunce and Molling just don't have it. I like Sulzer more than Walter if he's in shape. Walter plays a pretty steady game though, not as physical as Kunce and Sulzer but without the pure stupidity of Kunce. Kunce means well he just is not top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->