WC Group D: Apr 25 GDT - Switzerland vs. France (6-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WC Group D: Apr 25 GDT - Switzerland vs. France

Official Tournament website: http://www.iihf.com
Follow the games on-line: http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournaments/output/WS/

--------------------------------
SWITZERLAND vs. FRANCE
--------------------------------

My prediction: 7-2 Switzerland
France will have to play a lot better in this game (than they did against Austria) not to be outplayed by the Swiss players. I predict a 2-goal game by Plüss.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
France will beat Switzerland 4-3. The swiss goalies forget to get up in the morning and the team play 60' with an empty net. Despite this, the game winner is scored after a fortunate bounce on the back of the linesman.

No seriously, I expect France to bounce back a bit from this atrocious first game but it looks like Switzerland is out of reach and wins 5-2.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
LuckyLUC20 said:
Poor Huet. Looks like he was hung out to dry. :cry:

We still love ya, Cris!

Thanx for the support! It's really appreciated !

This is really a poor French team. Shame on them. Unable to bring the puck in the offensive zone, unable to create something, to take a dangerous shot on Gerber...Cristo is alone between his pipes, with no D in front of him!
After the 6th Swiss goal, he leaves the crease by himself, without a look at the bench...too disguted he was.

With these two "berezinas", I'm so scared for our next meeting on Tuesday, against Canada... :eek: We gonna be slaughtered...

Anyway, I am for Canada on this tournament so...
But I really expect a reaction from the French team, it's a question of honor! Damnit!! :mad:

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Well, I'm predicting the French to be relegated to Division One for the next year largely because they're missing their biggest symbol, Phillipe Bozon. He's been captain for the team for 10 years and the only Frenchman to play in the NHL as a position player. Also, Denis Perez was their best d-man and he's not playing this year. You'd think Huet would make a difference but so far he really hasn't as the defense hasn't helped him that much. Canadians should see an 80's Oilers type of game on Tuesday, I'd say 8-0.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
HF_Rangers said:
Well, I'm predicting the French to be relegated to Division One for the next year largely because they're missing their biggest symbol, Phillipe Bozon.

I think France needs to have a look at their coaching staff as well. It is unacceptable to perform like this in a major championships. No passion, No team spirit, nothing. Embarassing.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I don't understand why some of you think this is a humiliating loss. The Swiss are probably the best team outside the big 7. They should win this, and by a fair margin. Which they did.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Riddarn said:
I don't understand why some of you think this is a humiliating loss. The Swiss are probably the best team outside the big 7. They should win this, and by a fair margin. Which they did.

It is humiliating because after being destroyed by Austria, the least you expect is to react and give a real go to whatever team you are going to play against. This just didn't happen and this is really disappointing. I give credit to the swiss team but France should be able to compete a bit more than this. Les Bleus should be able to create more problems for team like Switzerland or Austria. We are playing like a relegated team and this is unacceptable in my books.

I would expect more from Sebastian Bordeleau. Man who has scored 40 points in NHL should stick out from such weak team.

Also the Finnish coach Heikki Leime has failed. The fault is clearly his, but circumstances are against him. In a interview before the game Finnish TV station, YLE, talked to Leime and he told some interesting points about French hockey scene. He told that when France played on Pool B, they had 85 training camp days. After France qualified for Pool A, the number of training camp days were reduced to 25. Leime also told that there are no Ice Hockey Federation in France (they belong to French Ice Sport Federation with curling and figureskating).

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
SergeiK said:
Leime also told that there are no Ice Hockey Federation in France (they belong to French Ice Sport Federation with curling and figureskating).

This is absolutely true. And it has been years and years this federation has been in disarray towards Ice Hockey with quite a lot of personal conflicts. The french league is being restructured every other year to try to create a new dynamic but the real problem is that none is really interested by ice hockey in France so there is no TV broadcasts, so no money and no plan to improve or develop players.
Still, the french roster has been playing for a long time together and has done much better than this so I think the coach has to be a bit blamed on this championships performance so far.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
Riddarn, it's humiliating because Switzerland is not really better than us by far, theorically. The have a nice team for sure, with talent and skills. but we beat them many times. They're not unbeatable for us.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
It looks like it will be France that follows Japan to Division 1. Too bad for France but if you're clearly beaten every time you don't belong. Maybe it's time to retire some older names and bring in youth. Even if it means results will suffer for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->