WC Group D: Apr 24 GDT - France vs. Austria (0-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
he played ok, had no shots on goal but his line was strong nevertheless. He took two unnecessary penalties though which could hurt against canada or switzerland...

He is playing on a line with Koch and Welser, each of them below 22 years old.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
MrRuin said:
he played ok, had no shots on goal but his line was strong nevertheless. He took two unnecessary penalties though which could hurt against canada or switzerland...

He is playing on a line with Koch and Welser, each of them below 22 years old.

that's a shame to hear. he was easily one of the best forwards in nashville's camp. his speed and hands were nothing short of incredible..and he had some flashy moves, too. it's my understanding that he's committed to play in north america this fall, and i'm excited to see it.

gopher

Dec 5, 2002
Europe
www.legioxv.org
nomorekids said:
that's a shame to hear. he was easily one of the best forwards in nashville's camp. his speed and hands were nothing short of incredible..and he had some flashy moves, too. it's my understanding that he's committed to play in north america this fall, and i'm excited to see it.

setzinger has had one good scoring opportunity but huet was able to deflect the puck!!!
he played a solid game!

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
A better test will be the game against Canada tomorrow and Switzerland on tuesday.

France was no match in any category and were outplayed in every way.

It says a lot when the best player for France has been their goalie who allowed 6 goals...

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
What a poor game from our national team! :eek: I watched the game via a Austrian channel. It was horrendous. I don't understand what happened to the team! No defense, poor attack. And Cristo (Huet) had been abndonned by his defense. He allows 6 goals, and he was clearly disgusted! :shakehead

Austria was beatable, it is a team we can beat with our skills. but this match was horrific.

If we play like that Tuesday against Canada, it will be a massacre... :cry:

gopher

Dec 5, 2002
Europe
www.legioxv.org
Flyman said:
Austria was beatable, it is a team we can beat with our skills.

i doubt that!
and don`t take me wrong, but what skills???

maybe the french had a bad day, but there is no way that
this team can beat the austrian squad ..... that was a really
poor performance .... this was pool b material!

note: vanek has more talent than the whole french team!

:shakehead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad