WC Group C: Apr 27 GDT - Sweden vs. Russia (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WC Group C: Apr 27 GDT - Sweden vs. Russia

Official Tournament website: http://www.iihf.com
Follow the games on-line: http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournaments/output/WS/

--------------------------------
Sweden vs. Russia
--------------------------------

My prediction: 4-2 Sweden

Should be a tight game by all means. I wasn't at all impressed by the Russian team in an exhibition game last week however, but on the other hand Kovalchuk wasn't playing :)

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Prediciton: 3-1 for Sweden. Nylander, Kahnberg and PÃ¥hlsson.

The lines I want to see tonight:
A Johansson - Jönsson - Alfredsson
Kahnberg - Nylander - Axelsson
Hedström - Påhlsson - Salomonsson
Tjärnqvist - Davidsson - Sjöström
Scratches: Höglund, Andersson

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
ZeroTheHero said:
I meant stacked :D stacked with top line talent.

Yepp, you're right, but Sweden is a hard working team and could get the Russian players out of balance. Jonathan Hedström irritated half of the Russian team in a tournament earlier this season, and he can do it again. I belive in Sweden. ;)

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Prediciton: 3-1 for Sweden. Nylander, Kahnberg and PÃ¥hlsson.

The lines I want to see tonight:
A Johansson - Jönsson - Alfredsson
Kahnberg - Nylander - Axelsson
Hedström - Påhlsson - Salomonsson
Tjärnqvist - Davidsson - Sjöström
Scratches: Höglund, Andersson

As far as I know that's exactly how the lines will be. Interesting to see what Kahnberg can do with Nyllet and PJ. My guess for the game tonight is 2-2.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Seiza said:
As far as I know that's exactly how the lines will be. Interesting to see what Kahnberg can do with Nyllet and PJ. My guess for the game tonight is 2-2.

Yes, it's a very interseting line. It has everything. Axelsson has speed, defensive awarness, checking. Nylander is a excellent playmaker, can hold on to the puck, do the unexpected. Kahnberg is the scorer, can do nice moves. Will be a very intersting line. If they play together that is.

BTW, we can go with five defensemen IMO. Tärnström, Hävelid, Bäckman and Tjärnqvist are used to ice-times around 23-28 minutes. Sundin also playes a lot with Frölunda. Won't be any problems. Besides, we need both of Axelsson and Nylander tonight, and if we wait with one of them, both Sundin and Forsberg can't join the roster later. Although I don't think especially Sundin won't come, due to the injurie he had, it would be stupid not to have two roster spots for Sudden and Foppa IF they both are eliminated and decides to come.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think Johansson - Jönsson - Alfredsson is a bad line. Too many puck-kåta lirare, if you know what I mean. Johansson is a better center than Davidsson, I don't understand why he's not centering a line of his own. You might recall that Johansson was very good in the comeback against finland in the WC in Gothenburg a few years back. He is a good leader and a good center, we should make use of it.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Russia 3 - 2 Sweden

I'm pretty sure this one will be close as everytime those to countries play eachother. Anybody knows a link to a radio or TV in english or Russian to listen the game?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Kahnberg is going to get a chance to play with Nylander, a fantastic playmaker, and Axelsson, a fantastic defensive player. It's going to be great to see him paired with top level NHL talent to see how far away from playing for Carolina he is. I'm predicting he has a big game.

4-3 Sweden

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
Can someone give me Russia's roster? Thanks!

tip: take a look at the first message in this thread, click the on-line link - click line-ups ;)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Caniacforever said:
Kahnberg is going to get a chance to play with Nylander, a fantastic playmaker, and Axelsson, a fantastic defensive player. It's going to be great to see him paired with top level NHL talent to see how far away from playing for Carolina he is. I'm predicting he has a big game.

4-3 Sweden

they are playing former IHL star Niklas Andersson with Nylander and "Pebben", so Kahnberg will be on the fourth line with Tjärnqvist and Sjöström.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
5 minutes
Sweden has dominated, great intensity so far. PJ Axelsson with an excellent hit on Kovalchuk.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
powerplay Sweden.
Russians have started to play well now also, Yashin and Kovalchuk were dangerous but Lundqvist made two good saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad