WC Group C: Apr 25 GDT - Sweden vs. Japan (5-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WC Group C: Apr 25 GDT - Sweden vs. Japan

Official Tournament website: http://www.iihf.com
Follow the games on-line: http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournaments/output/WS/

--------------------------------
SWEDEN vs. JAPAN
--------------------------------

My prediction: 7-0 Sweden
I believe Japan is among the weakest teams in the tournament and I don't think they will cause Tre Kronor a lot of problems. Easy win and two goals by Daniel Alfredsson.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Where is Daniel Alfredsson gonna play?

I personally would play him with Jönsson and Johansson at the moment, and then move him to the Nylander/Axelsson line for the game vs Russia.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Better go full out on the Japanese in order to wear them down so that Denmark can beat them. 12-1!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
2-1 Sweden after one period.
Can't remember the time I saw a worse team than this Japanese team in the World Championships.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Weide said:
Andersson-Davidsson-Kahnberg really isn´t playing well, they need to do something about that line!!

Maybe Axelsson - Nylander - Kahnberg. Nylander might get Kahnberg going even more. Davidsson and Andersson will play on the fourth line with either Tjärnqvist or Sjöström.

Weide

Jul 28, 2003
Linköping, Sweden
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Maybe Axelsson - Nylander - Kahnberg. Nylander might get Kahnberg going even more. Davidsson and Andersson will play on the fourth line with either Tjärnqvist or Sjöström.
I want Davidsson and Andersson of the lineup. For a fourth line Franzén is a much better choice as center. Davidsson is to weak and doesn´t win any faceoffs.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
MAN that was a snoozefest. The japanese wall isn't very tall but they sure know how to pile up in front of the goalie. BORING! :banghead:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Robertsson 4-ever said:

I think Sjöström deserve more ice time, maybe Tjärnqvist too. I agree that Andersson-Davidsson-Kahnberg isn't doing much. Maybe they will elevate their game against better opposition but I doubt that. I agree with what Weide says, I too would rather see Franzén than Davidsson as the 4th center.

Last edited:

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Predatore said:
Can't remember the time I saw a worse team than this Japanese team in the World Championships.

Well said, considering this is the final year that the Japanese could be in the top division because the Far East Qualifying Game will be eliminated. Japan has beaten Korea each time since it's inception five years ago and in the last four years they've finished last, not fair for the 14th place team. They'll surely make it a fifth, barring a miracle. I'll give them this though, the sport is getting more popular and we could see Japan back in the top division (w/o a "play-in game") within a decade.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
HF_Rangers said:
Well said, considering this is the final year that the Japanese could be in the top division because the Far East Qualifying Game will be eliminated. Japan has beaten Korea each time since it's inception five years ago and in the last four years they've finished last, not fair for the 14th place team. They'll surely make it a fifth, barring a miracle. I'll give them this though, the sport is getting more popular and we could see Japan back in the top division (w/o a "play-in game") within a decade.

It really is necessary to get rid of the Far East Qualifying Game as this is only an excuse to keep Japan in the division. Japan is way to weak to belong here. Sweden played badly but still managed to easily overcome Japan and this says a lot IMO. Noone benefits from the arrangement except perhaps the IIHF Finance Director..

Who paid for the Worlds in the good old days when there were only 8 teams in the A-pool? The reason we have 16 teams now is to make sure Germany is in the division as almost all sponsors are German but Germany have always been average at best so how did the IIHF manage before? Or am I wrong? Is the reason for 16 teams to keep IIHF president Fasel's home country Switzerland in the divison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->