WC Group B: Apr 26 GDT - Finland vs. Ukraine (5-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I hope Markkanen gets a shutout (yes, he's playing I heard) and Jokinen gets a few points. If that happens, the game can't be too bad.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
This is the match Finland must win. First of this kind for Summanen in World Championships. During Aravirta's six seasons these were cleared well (I mean matches against other than top 7, of those only ties against Austria 2000 and Germany 2003)

Prediction 6-1 for Finland.

Salo, Hentunen, Jokinen, Laaksonen, Söderholm, Ruutu
Varlamov

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Predatore said:
Jokinen has been great though, IMO.
The first line has been good for Finns, other lines haven´t been that bad, expecting Hentunen-Kapanen-Pärssinen to score at least once.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
haha, that was probably the most obvious interference I have ever seen, by the Ukranian player.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Predatore said:
haha, that was probably the most obvious interference I have ever seen, by the Ukranian player.

Looked cool, though. If that was an NHL game I would probably cheering for the guy.

Now I'm just glad Pärssinen didn't hurt himself too badly.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
nice goals, especially the 4-1 by pirjeta. haven't seen the 5th one though.

Ukraine was surprisingly good. They played ultra-defensively and used their scoring chances well. Also their goalie made good saves and their D-men cleared the crease well.

Jarkko Ruutu commented after the game that Team Ukraine was a decent hockey team. In Finland we don`t tend to use empty words.

They`re different league from Japan and France. Ukraine will stay on Pool A for sure.

EDIT: zecke26: 5th one was the nicest goal of the game.

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SergeiK said:
They`re different league from Japan and France. Ukraine will stay on Pool A for sure.

i think so too. kazakhstan should be better than france and japan as well. but i should be an interesting relegation round.

EDIT: zecke26: 5th one was the nicest goal of the game.

argh and i missed it. niko deserved this goal, he's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->