WC Group A: Apr 24 GDT - Latvia vs. Czech Republic (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
was it a good game? I assume the Czechs dominated despite the "mediocre" scoring?

VanCanuck

May 9, 2003
Vancouver, BC
czech republic played pretty well

Czech's played some spectacular hockey ( Jagr and Straka) good goaltending by Vokoun. Latvia didn't stand a chance.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Wow... Latvia scored after I left...

The Slovakians and the Czechs really started slow. This might hurt them later if they have to depend on their GF:GA ratio...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
tommi462 said:
Wow... Latvia scored after I left...

The Slovakians and the Czechs really started slow. This might hurt them later if they have to depend on their GF:GA ratio...

Not against the teams that don't make to the next phase. It's the goal difference against the top 3 teams in each group that counts.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Jussi said:
Not against the teams that don't make to the next phase. It's the goal difference against the top 3 teams in each group that counts.

I'm pretty sure Latvia will be one of the top 3.

endacka

Mar 7, 2002
Paris
Visit site
tommi462 said:
I'm pretty sure Latvia will be one of the top 3.

The only game that matters before quatrefinal is for the Czech team the game against Canada, all other opponents are not that strong and there should not be any problem defeating them. So the scoring ratio is not that important. Besides, Canada and Czech rep. are going to meet a strong apponent in quatrefinals anyway.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
endacka said:
The only game that matters before quatrefinal is for the Czech team the game against Canada, all other opponents are not that strong and there should not be any problem defeating them. So the scoring ratio is not that important. Besides, Canada and Czech rep. are going to meet a strong apponent in quatrefinals anyway.

Yeah, that's the only thing I like about these groups. If Finland manages to be 1st or 2nd in the group phase they'll get an "easy" opponent. Probably Latvia or Switzerland... or maybe Germany...

Well, anything can still happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->