WC GOLD MEDAL GAME: MAY 9 GDT - CANADA vs. SWEDEN (5-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
flamesfan01800 said:
when did canada do this last to make it so typical.

How about starting at the Summit series in 1972 when Bobby Clarke was head hunting Kharlamov

am convinced that Bobby Clarke was given the job of taking me out of the game," said Kharlamov. "Sometimes, I thought it was his only goal. I looked into his angry eyes, saw his stick which he wielded like a sword, and didn't understand what he was doing. It had nothing to do with hockey."

End QUOTE

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
Swedish Bolt Fan said:
How about starting at the Summit series in 1972 when Bobby Clarke was head hunting Kharlamov

am convinced that Bobby Clarke was given the job of taking me out of the game," said Kharlamov. "Sometimes, I thought it was his only goal. I looked into his angry eyes, saw his stick which he wielded like a sword, and didn't understand what he was doing. It had nothing to do with hockey."

End QUOTE

You might want to cool it with the anti-Canadian sentiment, Sweden hasnt lost yet.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
Swedish Bolt Fan said:

End QUOTE

I was not watching the game when the incident happened in todays game but im pretty sure it wasnt as bad as the bobby clarke incident that happened 32 yrs ago. I am also pretty sure in international competition that before a team plays canada the opposing team tells each other to keep there head up cause these canadians there headhunters. I am pretty sure that does not go on

Last edited:

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
windowlicker said:
You might want to cool it with the anti-Canadian sentiment, Sweden hasnt lost yet.

He was asking like headhunting have never been done by a canadian. He is probably too young to remember what happened back than. and how Canada got the reputation of headhunting

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Swedish Bolt Fan said:
Thats a proven fact if you have watched hockey for more than last 5-6 years, make it 30+ yrs and you will know it

Do you have any idea what the phrase "proven fact" means? Your conspiracy theory is nothing more than petty excuse-making.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
The point is that certain members that Team Canada, over the last several decades, has chosen to play for the team have a history of these kinds of acts. Many of the players who intentionally injure other players are Canadian. That's not what hockey is about. Team Canada's GM and coach need to execise more discipline in both choosing and training their players to avoid such incidents in the future.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
The point is that certain members that Team Canada, over the last several decades, has chosen to play for the team have a history of these kinds of acts. Many of the players who intentionally injure other players are Canadian.

This is true. Canadians play a rougher game. Just as Europeans tend to dive more. It doesn't mean all Canadians are dirty or that all Europeans dive though.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
The point is that certain members that Team Canada, over the last several decades, has chosen to play for the team have a history of these kinds of acts. Many of the players who intentionally injure other players are Canadian. That's not what hockey is about. Team Canada's GM and coach need to execise more discipline in both choosing and training their players to avoid such incidents in the future.

And it might also do good in trying to fix the image of Headhunting goons in a National team jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->