WC GOLD MEDAL GAME: MAY 9 GDT - CANADA vs. SWEDEN (5-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

3-2 Canada as last year. Canadians are usually better in a final.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
LoudmouthHemskyfan#2 said:
What time is this game at Mountain time?

it's 8:15pm CET, so it's 2:15pm EST, so it's 15 minutes after noon mountain time. i hope i'm right. :)

my prediction is 4-3 sweden in OT, at least that's what i hope for.

SVERIGE!!!

Beakermania*

Prediction.

2-1 Canada in OT. Heater gets the winner.

Can
Ada
Can

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
3-1 Sweden. Canada always plays well in finals, but Sweden have had the margins by their side throughout the whole tournament, and hopefully it will continue. Will be, as all games lately, a great game.

Prediciton: 3-1 Sweden.
Forsberg 2, Hedström - Heatly

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Sweden wins 2-1 by scoring with 3:27 left in the third when Forsberg tries a wraparound that Luongo stops but inadvertently bats the rebound right to Salamonsson who buries it.

Meanwhile, in section 3, row 14, a spectator mulls his stock options while his wife complains about something in her beer.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Kronblom said:
Team Canada have added Jamie Heward and Jeff Shantz.

not very spectacular players, but maybe they're the key for canada to win. they lacked hard-working players IMO.

Playmaker

Jan 8, 2004
Sweden
www.the-playmaker.net
zecke26 said:
not very spectacular players, but maybe they're the key for canada to win. they lacked hard-working players IMO.

Sweden wins 2-0, goals from Hoglund and Pahlsson, Lundqvist shutting out the Canadian stars and continuing to celebrate his international breakthrough season.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
martinkrantz said:
Sweden wins 2-0, goals from Hoglund and Pahlsson, Lundqvist shutting out the Canadian stars and continuing to celebrate his international breakthrough season.

I don't know how many "stars" we have..Niedermayer strikes me as the only one. :) The rest either haven't been asked, injured or in the playoffs.

Anyways I'm gonna go out and say 3-1 Canada. Luongo will be outstanding. He has a tendency to step it up during important games.

Playmaker

Jan 8, 2004
Sweden
www.the-playmaker.net
Well, Canada does have a guy nominated for Norris on D, a guy nominated for Vezina in G, Dany Heatley, and some other good NHL players, if not always spectacular ones, so I'd say there's still an awful lot of talent, and stars, on the Canada roster.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
We're going to be watching the game in HF Chat - I heartily encourage all those watching to come join us! Link is at the bottom of your screen (on the bottom-of-the-screen toolbar).

EDIT: There is a 30 minute delay for the game after a thrilling bronze medal game. Still, come join us anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad