Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
First goal:

Laamanen not holding his man.

Second goal:

Berg not even trying to hold his man.

The said two shouldn't see more minutes on the PK. Laamanen's clearing with the stick was brilliant though, but his marking is subpar.

Laamanen looked pretty good on the PP though, more of his home field.

Defensemen on PK should be

Kukkonen - Söderholm
Saravo - Kukkonen/Söderholm doubleshifted.

And was it just skate problems that kept Jere off the PK or are they trying to preserve his energy?

Koistinen needs to play more.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I have seen NO offense by Finland this game :cry:

Did you watch the first 5 or so minutes? Or any time the Koivu-Ruutu line is on the ice?

Kallio is too slow to make anything of their plays though.

And Peltonen and Lehtinen have to adjust their game for Viuhkola not being quick enough. Kontiola should've been there instead. He is not as smart as Viuhkola, but has faster feet and soft enough hands.

It's just a shame one of the best skating nations have two players like this on our World champs team...

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Did you watch the first 5 or so minutes? Or any time the Koivu-Ruutu line is on the ice?

And Peltonen and Lehtinen have to adjust their game for Viuhkola not being quick enough.

It's just a shame one of the best skating nations have two players like this on our World champs team...

When I saw it it was all in Finland's zone.

I saw 12 minutes of the game.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Stupid penalties from Team Finland and exploiting scoring opportunities 100-0 to Canada. Altough we created a couple of good places, Finland lacks the killer instinct that Canada has in form of guys like Nash.

Söderholm and Saravo must improve their game a lot in order to keep the Canadian guys away from the war zone.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Well let's look at the positive side of this. There's fear factory coming from the other channel, now we don't miss it coz there's nothing to see in this game anymore :D

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Stupid penalties from Team Finland and exploiting scoring opportunities 100-0 to Canada. Altough we created a couple of good places, Finland lacks the killer instinct that Canada has in form of guys like Nash.

Söderholm and Saravo must improve their game a lot in order to keep the Canadian guys away from the war zone.

Saravo is left making up for Laamanen's mistakes on the PK.

Also, Berg's mistake, was a double mistake, first it was the positional error of being to late to receive the pass that was meant for him (he missed the puck!), causing it to go further down the ice, where it was retrieved and then lost to the canadians, and then not marking his man in front of the net.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

And Peltonen and Lehtinen have to adjust their game for Viuhkola not being quick enough. Kontiola should've been there instead. He is not as smart as Viuhkola, but has faster feet and soft enough hands.

Bergenheim should play more. He's an excellent skater with lot of grit.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Had Söderholm been russian, the canadian would've been ejected.

No thanks. I´d rather have a silver medal and hold my head up high after a true fight rather than having a gold medal after playing dead or other disgraceful acts not belonging to this game. The game is not over - we have lost one battle, but not the war.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Kari looks to be in good form, even though letting in two goals. Norrena in and we'd be down 4 goals with this terrible defending. Kukkonen is the only one I haven't seen making horrible mistakes. Söderholm, Saravo and Koistinen have been decent.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
No thanks. I´d rather have a silver medal and hold my head up high after a true figth rather than having a gold medal after playing dead or other disgraceful acts not belonging to this game. The game is not over - we have lost one battle, but not the war.

Same here.

We are not swedes, we don't want to become russians, so let us be Finns ;)

No matter how this game goes, we can be very proud of our Lions!

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
You still have 2 periods to make it right, Finns!

lencovbx.jpg

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thoughts before the 2nd period starts....

this game is a looooooong way form over. I really like this Finnish team. When they get their own version of the end board cycle going, they are very good.

The Canadian team is well coached and seem prepared for it though, Canada is anticpating most of their moves, switches and passes down low. Finland is so quick in the 1st few strides and can make it work, but they are going to have to go completely rabid dog in-order to make it work.

If Canada get's one more goal before Finland does this will be over.

Canada's transition game, wall-work and forecheck are just as good as Finland's; the difference in teams is Canada's forward one-on-one talent and Canada's excellent young defence. By observation, I would say Canada should pull away....

but don't count these scrappy Finns out...they are a gutsy team.:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->