WC: WC 2018 - Team Russia

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, as mentioned earlier, if they reach the 1/2 final, one can say that they did "well enough". Winning the WC with this kind of line-up, coaching and system seems improbable.

Agreed. Just playing in the semi-final would be a considerable achievement for this group.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Practice line-up today

Koshechkin (Shestyorkin, Sorokin);

Nesterov - Zaitsev, Kaprizov - Datsyuk - Dadonov;
Gavrikov - Kiselevich, Grigorenko - Anisimov - Buchnevich;
Bereglazov - Yakovlev, Mamin - Andronov - Shalunov;
Tryamkin - Khafizullin, Byvaltsev - Kablukov - Mikheev;
Extra: Soshnikov, Barabanov.

Nesterov on first defence pairing...yikes

Where is Namestnikov?

Blue prez

May 9, 2017
Looking at the Group in which Russia is placed, the teams to compete with are Sweden, the Czechs and the Slovaks. It looks like Sweden will have about 17 NHL players, mostly top level, and they have to be favored to win the Group. To have a good chance to survive the Quarter Finals, it is important to beat the Czechs and the Slovaks to finish in 2nd place, which would match them against the 3rd place team from the other Group, likely the United States, in the QF. If they finish 3rd, then they would likely face either Canada or Finland in the QF. With this lineup, it is hard to see them surviving either of those matchups.
Marjamaki's Finland is non-impressive at all, while our team is not that bad. I feel beating Czechs will be enough to secure semis most of the times. But Czechs themselves are serious opposition, they can perform better than their roster suggests

Blue prez

May 9, 2017
Kind of odd 1st PP line? There should be Zaitsev as right-handed Dman.

Khafizulin is in odd place lol.
Looks like Shalunov will play the blueliner in 2-1-2, moving up to circles and using his wristshot. Makes sense to me, though he shoots left.

Blue prez

May 9, 2017
I hope to see some goddamn coaching from Vorobyov, some tactical moves. This hole paradigm of "GRINDGRINDGRIND" and "INGOALIEWETRUST" is becoming really embarassing, you've got to be creative to win without a bunch of superstars to save the day

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Marjamaki's Finland is non-impressive at all, while our team is not that bad. I feel beating Czechs will be enough to secure semis most of the times. But Czechs themselves are serious opposition, they can perform better than their roster suggests

Maybe I am overrating Finland a bit, but it is the team that has enjoyed tremendous success in big games over more than a decade. Also, Finland is likely to have more NHL help on the way after this round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, whereas the success of Washington and Tampa Bay makes it look like Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Kucherov, and Sergachyov will not be available. Even if Pittsburgh is eliminated, Malkin has been injured and would be unlikely to join the team.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Hello my russian friends and fans of Russia. Have been busy lately but saw the game against France today and here are some toughts and some questions.

This russian (yea i know it was France ) looked very fresh , fast and play almost the whole game and attack game. I really liked what i saw even if it was the first game against a weaker team. Pavel still got it that pass to Kaprizov on his last goal was ..well only Pavel does that and he is 40 years old!!

What are your toughts about the team and what you saw?

Ok been reading and trying to update my self here :

I understand that (my favorite with Kaprizov - Gusev is on the team but will pass the first game do to illness and then he will be back - right ?

I understand that Russia this time ha a lot of players who are injured : Provorov, Zhadorov, Telegin, Taransekov, Panarin, Namestnikov. That suck i really wanted to se Panarin and Provorov on this team.
Vojnov i understand is without contract and that is why he is not playing but i dont understand why Radulov is not on the team now with a new coach - is he hurt also ?

Kovaltchuk i understand said no and thats ok for me i want the youngster to play more

Its one game but i agree with the Swedish tv reporter today who said that this russian team played a bit more like the CCCP not stopping even beein up 4-0 and i aggre with him. Are we seeing during the coach change a different style (or a more return to and old style of Russia ? )

Cant wait for Gusev to join the team and maybe depending on the outcome from the second round in the NHL they will have either some Caps player or Kucherov and Segrachev (maye not the way he spell his name but you know who) and maybe Malkin tough i am not sure but who know..

All i all and good overall game today from Russia looking forward to the next game
Take care

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I'm not quite sure what to think of the win. On the one hand, we scored quite a few goals, on the other, the match against France can't determine the level of the team in comparsion to Sweden, Finland, the U.S. or Canada. Russia's match against the Czech Republic on the 10th of May will be more telling.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not quite sure what to think of the win. On the one hand, we scored quite a few goals, on the other, the match against France can't determine the level of the team in comparsion to Sweden, Finland, the U.S. or Canada. Russia's match against the Czech Republic on the 10th of May will be more telling.

It is impossible, in my opinion, to take away anything other than what was already known. We can say that if Russia plays against some of the lesser defenses in the tournament that do not check them and force them away from the goal area, they will have a festival, so to speak. There are some very talented forwards on the team that will be effective when not pressed. It doesn't really answer any questions about how well they will play against big, fast, physical and skilled teams who can compete for medals. We can only wait to see, and hope that they develop chemistry as a team.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Geno was far away 100 % after he came back i would be very surpriced if he come

This Russian forum is very very quiet were are you guys??

I know this Russian team looking at some many injuries from both NHL and KHL players could be listed as a C/B team but i like them they play hard and the Pavel Magic man with Kaprizov i think they can surprice

What is the status on Gusev??
I hope he will join them he will be a huge improvment.

Speaking about Kaprizov he must have almost a goal pr game since he played for the natinal team?
Anybody have stats?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Geno was far away 100 % after he came back i would be very surpriced if he come

This Russian forum is very very quiet were are you guys??

I know this Russian team looking at some many injuries from both NHL and KHL players could be listed as a C/B team but i like them they play hard and the Pavel Magic man with Kaprizov i think they can surprice

What is the status on Gusev??
I hope he will join them he will be a huge improvment.

Speaking about Kaprizov he must have almost a goal pr game since he played for the natinal team?
Anybody have stats?

Well, if you look at the schedule, basically the tournament start for us only on 10th of May.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Not surprising. It was pretty clear that he wasn’t 100%.

Nothing personal about Malkin, he has shown up several times in the past, but this year in particular, when so many guys said, in effect, "I am just tired, and I had some minor injuries, so I am going to take the rest of the summer off!" shows how screwed Russia is when it is just a waiting game to see who becomes available from the NHL. Screw the NHL! Form a national team from the KHL that can practice together during breaks in the schedule, and that will be organized, have a plan, and maybe some chemistry, for the tournament. Let the NHL guys have the summer off!

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Think Malkin would come if his injury would not limit him. He played on many Championships before, like most other players from NHL. There is pretty much team, that train together, when most players are two teams only. Other possibility is to get more players into NHL, so the pool to get reinforcements from there is bigger, and even with health problems of some. There will be other to choose from. May be on KHL would be better to split strenght between clubs more. So there will be more leaders on teams for national team, but that is mine opinion. may be wrong.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, if you look at the schedule, basically the tournament start for us only on 10th of May.
Don't underestimate what they made with the team. Many people including myself aren't that interested in the C-SKA sbornaya performance. I haven't watched a game so far. Just read the results and watched some goals.

Also I've noticed declinig interest for the boards in general fron rusdian fans in Russia. For obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->