WBS Penguins 2017-18 Season Thread: Pens out in first round, black aces are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
For a team that is having no trouble scoring, I find it hard to believe not playing Sprong is going to hurt them. If they lost a series, it's not going to be because they didn't have Sprong. If Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Brassard, Hornqvist, Guentzel, Sheary, etc is not enough scoring depth, an unproven 20-year-old with four goals in 26 career NHL games is highly unlikely to be the difference between winning and losing.
could of used him in game 2 and last night......it's not always how many but when.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Weird schedule.. WB/S has home ice advantage but the series is away, away, home, home, home.

1-1 halfway through game 2.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pedan with another blast from the point that Crammer tipped in.

Jarry stops McKegg on a breakaway.

Id like to see Pedan get a chance next year.

3rd period : Jooris almost scored a SH goal. Had to review it. No goal. Wouldnt mind seeing him on the 4th line .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Pedan with another blast from the point that Crammer tipped in.

Jarry stops McKegg on a breakaway.

Id like to see Pedan get a chance next year.
Pedan would be another big body on the PK to play along with Jamie & Dumo. Would like to see him be a number six or seven defenseman for the pens next season if JR can get rid of Hunwick in the off season.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pedan would be another big body on the PK to play along with Jamie & Dumo. Would like to see him be a number six or seven defenseman for the pens next season if JR can get rid of Hunwick in the off season.

Also has a great shot, can skate. Gives us a big dman for each pairing. Both him and Olekskiak being physical as well. Would have to cut down on his penalties tho if he wants to stick with the Pens.

Im all for trading Hunwick. Sheary as well considering what we have behind him.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Weird schedule.. WB/S has home ice advantage but the series is away, away, home, home, home.

1-1 halfway through game 2.

1-2 now 5 mins left in 3rd. Dont get that either, home ice advantage yet they could start the series down 2-0.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Honestly, if they can’t trade Hunwick and someone from WBS is better I’d be fine with him being waived. Iirc it’s the better option than buying him out.

For the people watch WBS regularly, how is Pedan’s defensive game?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah nobody should expect him to play just because WB/S gets eliminated. That wouldn’t make sense.

Also if they get eliminated in the 1st round again I think they should find a new coach.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
More concerned about Jooris not making more of an impact at WBS in the POs. Down 2-0 is really not were I thought they would be for sure.

As far as anyone coming up, I would think if both Geno and Hags are out more than likely there would be a call up. Just a bit concerning if Jooris isn't playing well right now.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Jooris is a role player so he's not gonna light it up in any pro league but i still believe he's a better hockey player than Kuhnackl and Rowney. Especially 5on5.

Nothing has really warranted Kuhn being put in the press box yet tho but like we've said, he'd be fine vs PHI.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
My con
Jooris is a role player so he's not gonna light it up in any pro league but i still believe he's a better hockey player than Kuhnackl and Rowney. Especially 5on5.

Nothing has really warranted Kuhn being put in the press box yet tho but like we've said, he'd be fine vs PHI.
You know, I forgot about Simon. So there's that...I guess... But just to be clear I am not questioning Kuhny atm. Rowney, well...that's another story.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I like Pedan, I really wanted to see him called up for a couple of games. But yeah, jettison Hunwick asap.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if a guy like Gulutzan could be brought in to coach WB/S this offseason, since it’s a near-guaranteed path to getting back to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad