Value of: Wayne Simmonds

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I don’t think Edmonton would move a top 10 pick for him but a deal for Florida’s 1st might make some sense if they miss the playoffs.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I'd love to reunite him with Schenn. Not sure if Philly would even answer the phone from St. Louis after we dumped Lehtera on you though.

You're joking right? I'd do that trade again in a heartbeat. Frost just finished 2nd overall in OHL scoring...as an 18 year old. 3rd most goals in the league...tied for Kyrou with most assists...best +/- in the league...and looks exactly like the kind of player Hextall covets. Which Schenn wasn't.

Lehtera was a throw in to make the salary cap work. People make it sound like he was the key piece coming back to Philly. Looking like a much higher pick from you guys this year. Meanwhile Schenn went from looking like "the most lopsided trade in NHL history" to...well, Brayden Schenn.

Reactions: dats81

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
As far as I'm concerned Brodie and Ferland are quality pieces. Ferland would be the cheap, 5v5 reliable, 3RW many of us want. In Brodies case I agree we are in dire need of a top-4 RHD. Brodie is a good asset but not what we need.

Dube won't do much for the Flyers since they are stacked on the C position for years to come. I'd exychange him for a 3rd rounder.

To be honest, Gudas regresses clearly. For the right price he should be available.

So, I'd say the deal is not bad value-wise but won't be enough for the Flyers to pull the trigger.
What about Ferland & Bennett?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->