Value of: Wayne Simmonds

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Before the draft or on draft day, what do you think he could get traded for? He is playing behind Voracek and Konecny so a team that needs a top 6 RW could use him.

He has 1 year left on his deal at 3.975 million.

Let's hear what you think his value is or what you would offer from your team.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would love Wayne Train on the Flames. Sadly our only good assets are Defensive prospects, which is the last thing Philly needs.

I could us potentially moving Bennett for an extended Simmonds, but I also don’t know how likely that is. Honestly I think the Flames will just sign Kane this off-season.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think he'd be in the minority of Oilers fans, they'd probably have to give up a dump with the pick, and Wayne would probably be a bit too old for Edm's core.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Before the draft or on draft day, what do you think he could get traded for? He is playing behind Voracek and Konecny so a team that needs a top 6 RW could use him.

He has 1 year left on his deal at 3.975 million.

Let's hear what you think his value is or what you would offer from your team.

Is there anything other than Bennett that would interest the Flyers?

For example, Brodie, Ferland, Dube for Simmonds and Gudas?

I know Gudas was valued quite highly last year, but with Hagg playing a similar role now and Brodie being a way better all around dman, is that at all close?

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

I know Gudas was valued quite highly last year, but with Hagg playing a similar role now and Brodie being a way better all around dman, is that at all close?
We'd want a 1st, potentially + a scoring prospect, ideally. I don't think upgrading to Brodie does much for us, although maybe someone with more knowledge of all the players in the deal than me can give a better comment than I can.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We'd want a 1st, potentially + a scoring prospect, ideally. I don't think upgrading to Brodie does much for us, although maybe someone with more knowledge of all the players in the deal than me can give a better comment than I can.

Well Brodie is a lesser Duncan Keith. When he’s on his game, he’s not all that far off. He’s a terrific skater, has skill, his biggest issue this season has been turnovers.

Ferland would fit the Flyers like a glove. A big, powerful frame, also an excellent skater and has perhaps has the best shot on the Flames. His issue is consistency.

Dube is our top forward prospect. He was the 1C and Captain for Team Canada at the WJ’s. He lacks a little in size, but is incredibly smart and skilled, he’s somewhat similar to Frost. I’d say his value is equal to a later first but he’s a close to a lock as playing as you can get.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well Brodie is a lesser Duncan Keith. When he’s on his game, he’s not all that far off. He’s a terrific skater, has skill, his biggest issue this season has been turnovers.

Ferland would fit the Flyers like a glove. A big, powerful frame, also an excellent skater and has perhaps has the best shot on the Flames. His issue is consistency.

Dube is our top forward prospect. He was the 1C and Captain for Team Canada at the WJ’s. He lacks a little in size, but is incredibly smart and skilled, he’s somewhat similar to Frost. I’d say his value is equal to a later first but he’s a close to a lock as playing as you can get.
Gudas is our only RHD so I don't see him getting moved in a deal for a LHD.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

As far as I'm concerned Brodie and Ferland are quality pieces. Ferland would be the cheap, 5v5 reliable, 3RW many of us want. In Brodies case I agree we are in dire need of a top-4 RHD. Brodie is a good asset but not what we need.

Dube won't do much for the Flyers since they are stacked on the C position for years to come. I'd exychange him for a 3rd rounder.

To be honest, Gudas regresses clearly. For the right price he should be available.

So, I'd say the deal is not bad value-wise but won't be enough for the Flyers to pull the trigger.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

What does the bolded even mean?
I'm assuming in the way that mouthwash is a lesser single-malt scotch?

Reactions: go4hockey

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd love to reunite him with Schenn. Not sure if Philly would even answer the phone from St. Louis after we dumped Lehtera on you though.
Give us a call. We are still building for the future and need to keep the pipeline coming. And Simmonds is likely the last piece that can be moved to help that. Everyone else is set.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Give us a call. We are still building for the future and need to keep the pipeline coming. And Simmonds is likely the last piece that can be moved to help that. Everyone else is set.

Yeah, for sure. Kyrou with an add sounds good - we'll even let them keep their 2019 first round pick.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad