Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Hawkhead said:
Heatley is great for Ottawa!

BUT

Spezza will never be a franchise player. A dissapointment after all the hype but still a very respectable 1st liner.

eh?? so what makes you think of this..?

imo he will be a franchise player, ottawa simply didnt have to rush him at all.

SubNova

Ottawa will run another captain out of town after they get killed in the playoffs. :confused:

Verbeek

Human see, human do.
Jul 19, 2005
Pittsburgh
Well, all I can say is that I enjoyed listening to Jason Spezza and the whole Baby Sens team getting shutdown by the Baby Pens in the 1st round of the AHL playoffs.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
I don't see him as a solid 1st liner. His shot is very good, but his vision and ability to find the open man is what sets him apart. When one element of your game is that strong its hard to be a solid anything. You become spectacular or mediocre.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
I agree with Champ but I am very happy that they took Spezza and didnt see Ruutu's talent. so that Ruutu could fall to my team.

Spezza is good, yes but he certainly must increase his points on Ottawa not bing, ottawa who are a phenomenal team anything under 70 points would be dissapointing for a guy hyped up so much playing for Ottawa. As i said before Spezza may not be what he was hyped up for but he is still a good player. Maybe not a solid first liner but a great 2nd.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
Hawkhead said:
I agree with Champ but I am very happy that they took Spezza and didnt see Ruutu's talent. so that Ruutu could fall to my team.

Spezza is good, yes but he certainly must increase his points on Ottawa not bing, ottawa who are a phenomenal team anything under 70 points would be dissapointing for a guy hyped up so much playing for Ottawa. As i said before Spezza may not be what he was hyped up for but he is still a good player. Maybe not a solid first liner but a great 2nd.

I think it would be more than a little disappointing if he didnt go over 70pts. He had 55 with lower minutes than Ruutu, and was often playing on the 3rd or 4th line. If he cant add 15pts to last year playing an extra 5-7 minutes a game, added powerplay time on the first unit, then he would definitely be a huge bust this season.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
fisher said:
Wow, I really hope you're not referring to Yashin.

He has to be. We have only had 3 captains since we made the playoffs 8 years ago. Cunneyworth who got too old, Yashin and Alfie.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Has Spezza done anything to work on his skating, because in the games i saw him play he seemed to be lacking in that department. In fact wasnt Kovalchuk the one that said he(Spezza) needed to work on his skating?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
ice berg slim said:
Has Spezza done anything to work on his skating, because in the games i saw him play he seemed to be lacking in that department. In fact wasnt Kovalchuk the one that said he(Spezza) needed to work on his skating?
He has greatly improved his skating.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
ice berg slim said:

Allow me to translate this post: "I've read somewhere three years ago that someone said Spezza's skating needed impoving therefore since I am fairly ambivilant to anything not related to my team, I will rely on that information and assume that anything once said will remain in effect until said player retires. P.S. I hear Al MacInnis needs to work on his shot."

Durn Idjit.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
TexSen said:
Allow me to translate this post: "I've read somewhere three years ago that someone said Spezza's skating needed impoving therefore since I am fairly ambivilant to anything not related to my team, I will rely on that information and assume that anything once said will remain in effect until said player retires. P.S. I hear Al MacInnis needs to work on his shot."

Durn Idjit.

easy now, not everyone has the opportunity like you and I to have seen him develop. When he first came into the league, he was quite slow, improved greatly the second year to be just below average or average. This past year in Binghamton he stepped it up even more and looks like a very solid skater. He has been working out at Gary Roberts gym those two summers specifically to increase his speed. He really turned himself from a blessed natural talent to a workout junkie. I am really excited for his future, and especially this year, i see great things coming.

octopus1z

Dec 27, 2004
i dont ever post on these boards, and i dont claim to be some hockey expert so cut me some slack. Im a Caps fan that lives in central new york, and my girlfriend this past year lived in binhamton and worked at the arena. i went to see a good 25 bingo sens games, and jason spezza is amazing. it seemed like every game he was clearly head and shoulders above anyone else on the ice. sure he could imporve his defense and he doesnt like to get dirty, and sometimes he could have hustled a bit more but he was still the man out there. Great hands, quick thinking and vision, the guy has vision. he made passes i couldnt believe on a regular basis, he would be in just the right spot to finish a play all the time. he made defenders look foolish, fooolish on any given night, and his league leading point totals dont even show the number of times that he set up the perfect play that one of his teamates couldnt finish. whats funny is a lot of people in binghamton dont like spezza or at least dont give him a lot of respect, cause its kind of a blue collar town and hes not tough, and he doesnt play a tough hard working brand of hockey, but i always told them, even while the rest of that team was really good, without him they would have been noticably worse. he puts up points, he makes the players around him better, and i would trade ALMOST anyone the caps have or combination of players to get him.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Hawkhead said:

Have you ever watched him play? The guy makes passes his own team-mates, who pratice with him almost every day, dont expect/imagine could work. More that a few times sens 3-4liners ended up with the puck on their stick and were so shocked they either held on to it for too long or totally shanked the shot. With real snipers like Havlat, Heatley and Alfredsson look for 50 assists next year. His wristshot is also absolutely wicked. IMO the guy is for sure going to become a legitimate #1 center in the NHL, probably and amazing one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->