OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What about Blount at RB? Anything left? Everyone keeps throwing dirt on the guy but he has b2b SB rings.

I'm not sold on Perine or Fat Rob. CT is good as part of a tandem or trio if healthy.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
CT is a 3rd down back. They need a 1st/2nd down back. Blount is a very useful player, but he's more of a short yardage guy than someone you trot out there on every down across 16 weeks. There's a reason Philly went out and traded for Ajayi to help round out their backfield. Blount would be fine as part of a triple-thread backfield, but he can't be their only answer at RB.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
CT is a 3rd down back. They need a 1st/2nd down back. Blount is a very useful player, but he's more of a short yardage guy than someone you trot out there on every down across 16 weeks. There's a reason Philly went out and traded for Ajayi to help round out their backfield. Blount would be fine as part of a triple-thread backfield, but he can't be their only answer at RB.

CT is more than a 3rd down guy by pay grade and usefulness in a league that favors such dual threat stretch guys these days. But having a 3 headed monster is what I was suggesting before. I think you're in better shape than you've been in a while if you have Blount, CT, Kelley and Perine all healthy. Shuffling those guys in and out regardless of down could keep the defense off balance.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If they were to get Blount, I don't really see the need to keep Fat Rob or Perine around.

They would keep Perine around because he would be a good backup to Blount because he has some upside and he's cheap (less then 1 mil cap hit next 3 years) but Fat Rob would surely go.

I'd rather see the Skins draft a RB in the 2nd, not sure who though. Rookie, Perine and Thompson would be a nice RB group.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They would keep Perine around because he would be a good backup to Blount because he has some upside and he's cheap (less then 1 mil cap hit next 3 years) but Fat Rob would surely go.

I'd rather see the Skins draft a RB in the 2nd, not sure who though. Rookie, Perine and Thompson would be a nice RB group.

Yes. Guice, Michel, Chubb, Scarborough are all interesting options (SEC or BUST!). Guice will probably be 2nd back taken...although Michel could as well.

If they could land Guice or Michel in round 2, that would be awesome.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If they were to get Blount, I don't really see the need to keep Fat Rob or Perine around.

Well considering how their RBs have been having trouble staying on the field, I would prefer too many to too few.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do they draft a RB when they have so many under contract this year already?

Washington Redskins Contracts

That's 11 listed as RB though realistically most are probably just special teams or practice squad, I assume. I don't think Doug Williams talks about adding an RB unless he's looking for an impact player in the near future.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What's with our players failing psychicals
One failed a physical because the team who agreed to deal with him realized they payed him to much and a better option came available on the FA market. The other guy cut his foot on a pop top and it got infected. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->