Washington Capitals Trade History: Best and Worst Trades of All-Time

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m good with that. People make mistakes.

My issue is with the lack of intellectual honesty amongst those who want to pretend it was nothing and the punishment undeserved. Imagine that was Kasparaitis on Bondra...

Where are all these people protesting unjust punishment?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I’m good with that. People make mistakes.

My issue is with the lack of intellectual honesty amongst those who want to pretend it was nothing and the punishment undeserved. Imagine that was Kasparaitis on Bondra...

You are really having issues on something that happened 25 years ago?

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
No my issue is with some with the current feeling that the suspension was a joke and/or it should have been 2 for roughing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I mean, isn't that what a thread about the best/worst trades in franchise history is all about?

Exactly, it's not about posters intellectual honesty. You see spats about the same stuff in every single game. That was a penalty?. And be suspended? That wasn't even a penalty. He just pushed him. Everyone sees the game different and most all do it with favoritism toward their team. Or, favorite player.

Grading a trade requires more than fixating on a single penalty. Talk about being honest....

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Shame on me for forgetting Hunter. Good grief how did I miss that as a big win for trades. As a huge Hunter fan I admit that cheap shot on Turgeon was terrible, however Hunter paid for it with the suspension. I can think of far worse incidents in the NHL specifically Bertuzzi on Moore and McSorely cheap shot on Brashear.

Reactions: RandyHolt

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Best -
Langway
Hunter
Dino

All were watershed moment trades, each one made the team that much better, and added a piece ( or pieces) of something that they were sorely lacking prior to. What was given up in them, regardless of what they did after ( I'm looking squarely at the Murphy sniffers here ), is irrelevant.

Honorable mention to the Ridley/Miller and Calle ones.

The Hunter hate is befuddling, the guy was a warrior, brought it every night. Yes, he crossed the line, but he was weaned on the NHL in a different era and time. As time has passed since then, combined with sweeping changes to the rules, penalties, and officiating of the game as it currently stands.....he seems to have become even more villainous. In the eyes of some at least.

The Langway trade was before my Caps time, but I agree it most likely the best trade for it saved the Caps and they started making the playoffs. Wish they made real defensemen like him again.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Langway was the master of playing both the body and puck effectively at the same time, the puck flip over the boards, the wrap up, the freezing of the puck, and the handpass stoppage. And my lord he dropped down all season long to eat a ton of rubber. I remember Beaupre in his first game here pitched a shutout and he said I didn't do anything en route to making 14 saves.

His understudy here was none other than Scott Stevens, who you know absorbed a lot of what he saw. It's a damn shame the Norris voting is dominated by the best offensive defensemen, who is closer to the worst DDman. It's time to say f*** you to tradition and have 2 awards. The Langway and why fight it, The Coffey.

Googling for a good picture of hot rods beak returned Orpik winning the nonexistent Langway.

Trade Winner /thread
maxresdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad