Washington Capitals / St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Is it just a coincidence/fluke that the Washington Capitals won their first Stanley Cup last year, and they were followed by the St. Louis Blues winning their first Stanley Cup this year, or were both seasons rigged? What are we to think if the Buffalo Sabres or Vancouver Canucks finally win their first Stanley Cup next year?

Reactions: I Like Dumb Posts

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Yes the NHL decided to rig the games and got hundreds, possibly thousands, of people all to agree to it and not say anything. On top of that the owners of the other 29 teams decided it was in their best interest to potentially lose millions in income so the Caps and Blues could beat them and win a cup.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Is it just a coincidence/fluke that the Washington Capitals won their first Stanley Cup last year, and they were followed by the St. Louis Blues winning their first Stanley Cup this year, or were both seasons rigged? What are we to think if the Buffalo Sabres or Vancouver Canucks finally win their first Stanley Cup next year?

Umm... I'm gonna go with coincidence.

And if the Canucks win the Cup next year, I'm think I'm going to try to corner the market on snowballs from hell.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
if the powers that be were interested in rigging anything, wouldn't they be going for the big payout - which is to have a big market team win?

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Memes aren't funny when you're TRYING to create them. Just let them happen.

Either that, or this is a mind numbing post by a flat earther type.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Can’t we just say that they were both just very good teams?

Why do people have to throw out the “rigged” card?

Does anyone understand how much these owners make just sitting on their asses?

Or how much effort it would take to actually rig something so major?

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
you got it backwards actually

normally it's rigged in a less obvious way but their professional playoff series riggers all retired two years ago and they replaced them with this guy:

chimp-darts1.jpg

seen here accepting some bribes from Bettman:

monkey-darwin.jpg

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
So the Blues are one of the weakest teams to win a Stanley Cup, and now the season was rigged to allow them to do so.

Am I getting this right?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Maybe, just maybe, both the Caps and Blues deserved to win their cups? And -stick with me here- wouldn’t the Blues (and to a lesser degree, the Caps) be near the bottom of the list of teams the NHL would rig the postseason for when you consider teams like NYR, TOR, BOS, CHI, etc. would all pull in much more revenue for the league by winning?

Additionally, the Caps and Blues are not in any way, shape, or form equivalent to where the Canucks and Sabres are right now. Those teams are smack dab in the middle of a scorched earth rebuild, the Blues and Caps have been contending for the better part of a decade. You should run this theory right up the ladder though.

Platano King

Current mood
Jun 13, 2019
San Diego
I take it the MLB rigged the Royals, Cubs, and Astros winning their first chips in decades as well?

Of course, the one year they don’t rig it the freaking Sox won. God damnit.

Reactions: Butch 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad